CAS to be made mandatory in 4 metros by 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter devx101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 6,550
For erstwhile CAS users....Do the cable ops change the last mile cable for implementing CAS. I mean do they change the wiring or stay on their crappy old low quality wires?

No they don't change wires. It remains same and thats the reason of bad PQ in Cable CAS.

And how much you are paying without CAS ??
Dad paying 180 rs till last month and from this month its 185Rs for normal cable!
So am suggesting my dad to take any STB!

But you should tell cable operator to charge same price bcoz now its their compulsion to introduce CAS.

But you should tell cable operator to charge same price bcoz now its their compulsion to introduce CAS.
hmmmmm will ask them tomorrow...but i really miss the features of DTH! recording..schedules...movies...damn this cable is shite!

I paid 1000Rs for STB and 350Rs a months, without BILL. Operator just refused to give bill.Now I pay 175Rs a month. (Airtel DTH)

Which cable operator ?? Mine maintain a printed card system. He used to acknowledge the payment on card itself every month

I hated CAS when it was implemented 6-7 years back in chennai...during that point of time STB cost was aroud 5K...now they are charging very very low price because of DTH...The STB provided by Cable operator is only good to see the channels in digital mode...

It was hard on people cos they refused to come up with rental schemes initially... even though it was supposed to be mandatory... And some people preferred to miss some channels than pay 5k for the box + 300-400 every month on top of it...as the per channel rate or mini packages were too expensive... as compared to the full bouquet...

Thats very unfair. If I wud have waited might be STB would have cost me less, but it was me only who was running behind Cable wala to get STB to watch channels in digital mode for better clarity.

Which cable operator ?? Mine maintain a printed card system. He used to acknowledge the payment on card itself every month

7 star! Mine also has printed card, but he keeps card with him. So I dont have any proof.

He once said, I can keep my own book and he will sign in his book! Made no sense to me.

7 star! Mine also has printed card, but he keeps card with him. So I dont have any proof.

He once said, I can keep my own book and he will sign in his book! Made no sense to me.

Oh, Mine was Win Cable who keeps Two different colored cards, one with me other with him. Whenever I make payment we sign on each others card.

What impression were you under till now?!

I thought you might be from NCR...

The moment you said 7 Star Cable which i think its mumbai i asked this question.