Apple Siri

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 11,138
Lol @ Who's your daddy. Hadnt seen that one anywhere.

The problem with siri is that it still seems like its responding to a query in a predetermined (though not completely predictable) way and not really having conversation. Thats what is going to the big leap in such AI assistants. Like in this convo (assuming siri didnt pull up a fake joke calendar at the end there, which is highly unlikely)...

It correctly assumed that Joshua was joking when he said he had killed someone. But as soon as he responded with a query which could have been a legit question if he hadnt started this convo as a joke, siri gave the proper answer instead of continuing with the joke or telling the guy to knock it off and get back to work. It didnt understand that Joshua meant to ask what to do with the the fact that he killed someone.

In an ideal world, Siri (or other such AI assistants) should be able to remember all their convos with its boss and be able to learn and decide when he is kidding and when he's serious instead of simply trying to come up with the best possible reply for a specific query. Now that will be something really awesome.

since siri has access to the user's calendar, i am pretty sure it displayed the actual calendar on the dude's phone.

i guess Apple can consider acquiring Cleverbot.com - a clever bot - speak to an AI with some Actual Intelligence? next and use their year's worth of data to make siri more wonderful.

though apple users would ensure that siri would have more data than cleverbot in a matter of months.

----------

I just had this conversation with CleverBot:

User: I think I just killed someone.

Cleverbot: You thought wrong.

User: How can you be so sure?

Cleverbot: I know who I am.

User: But you do not know what I just did!

Cleverbot: But you do not know what I know either.

User: Well that is correct... But what if I have killed someone?

Cleverbot: You do not have cancer because you are a AI on an internet server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4LM7edH6ZpE#!i guess iPhone 4s owners in india with weird accents would face the same problem i face with google android's voice capabilities. even my fiat linea refuses to recognize anything i say.

"The iPhone 4S' Siri integration may be a potential game changer, but she's not quite the world traveler some of us would like her to be. In fact, it seems she's as lost outside of US borders as any unprepared tourist. Looking for a pub in London? Better find a traditional map. Need to know the time of day in Canada? Siri admits she has no idea, go buy a watch. Business search (via Yelp), directions, traffic data, and Wolfram Alpha search all appear to be US-only features for now. The automated assistant's international failings aren't too big of a surprise, however -- Apple's own Siri page outs the service as a beta, noting that some features may vary by area. Stuck with sub-par international support? Sit tight, it's coming: Apple's Siri FAQ states that additional language support (including Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Italian and Spanish), maps and local search content are set to go international in 2012."

Engaget

Once Apple makes Siri's API or functionality available to third parties, and the app store developers it'll be complete game changer. I suspect they will do that in next OS upgrade, abt 1-3 months time.

Vlingo in the App store does a decent job for me. It has Siri like functionality and is able to understand my Indian accent!