Apple iPhone

i thought it was already pretty clear that Apple disabled a lot of features of iOS4 on older devices. not sure if that is the case is with iOS5 as well. of course siri is not included in iOS5. that is another disabled feature on older devices. and it is disabled even on iPhone 4 and iPad 2 for god sake. both of these are fairly powerful devices. and not even one year old. i would imagine that it would be possible for mobile manufacturers to deliver feature limited updates of Android on older devices. it's not like the system requirement goes up with every update. on the other hand, android probably becomes more efficient with every update.

i android probably becomes more efficient with every update.
More efficient is the wrong word. In a manner of speaking with every update it becomes less buggy and usable.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

i think supporting hardware acceleration in the next update would mean that it is becoming more efficient?

i thought it was already pretty clear that Apple disabled a lot of features of iOS4 on older devices. not sure if that is the case is with iOS5 as well.

of course siri is not included in iOS5. that is another disabled feature on older devices. and it is disabled even on iPhone 4 and iPad 2 for god sake. both of these are fairly powerful devices. and not even one year old.

If they include siri on older devices then the 4s won't become the best selling iPhone.

heh. why? it's not like you are going to make a loss. it's the company that would make a loss. in fact, i think they are not even going to make a loss. they are just going to make a little less profit. 😀

The decision is tough. Few months down the line, whichever decision u take, people above u, will always blame u for taking that particular decision.Coz the profit figure wudnt be "Little" less. It wud just about recover costs i guess. When theres 4S available in the market, they have to reduce the prices of 4 to a good extent. Else no one wud buy it.

would be interesting especially based on how many unsold units of iPhone 4 are lying with airtel and aircel. 😛

i think they are forced to buy them in large quantities and i do not see them selling the same units at a discounted price if iphone 4S is launched so soon. 😛

Vodafone India should get them. If it doesn't sell they can send it to vodafone UK. There is a niche market for iPhones in India

IPhone 4 was till some extent outdated when it was released.

so you accept that they are lying that siri requires the processing powers of A5 and it would not even run on A4?

that was the point of this whole thread. 🙂

----------

apparently iOS5 disables a lot of multi-touch gestures on the original iPad...

Several months ago, Apple introduced multi-touch gestures that could be enabled on all iPad models simply by connecting your iPad and Mac, and turning the feature on using the free Apple developer software called Xcode. Once these gestures were switched on, users could use various finger swipe combinations to switch between apps, return to the home screen, and other common actions. Now that Apple is officially introducing the feature in iOS 5, iPad 2 owners will now officially be able to use gesture controls without manually enabling them, but those with the original iPad will have their hands tied.

iOS 5 kills multi-touch gestures for original iPad owners - Readability

Ha Ha.. Its so nice to play with Siri ! At last some women will listen to everything you say 😀