• Thread starter Thread starter Daddycool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,747

Daddycool

Regular
ISP
MTNL
I currently have a cable STB service and am considering a DTH. At present, the only 2 operators I will consider are Airtel and Reliance.From the channel perspective, Airtel provides FOOD FOOD while Reliance has iCooking. However, Reliance appears much cheaper for the kind of channels I need.Basically my requirement is for English entertainment, English News a couple of infotainment channels and movie channels. GOD channel is essential and that is why the choice of only 2 operators.My question is; can I rig up a package using only chota packs plus a few a-la-carte?Or do i have to have a base package before adding chota packs?

About Airtel, you carefully check the base pack that you select before adding add-on packs as CC later say that we cannot select some add-on if we are on lower pack.Website data and information provided by CC does not match, so be cautious while making your choice.

@svk and kooldude - I get what you guys have said but my questions have not been touched upon in both your responses.

You can either have a-la-carte OR have base pack+chota packs.

a-la-carte + chota packs is not available.

but if u are comparing JUST airtel and reliance..then I wud say go for airtel.

----------

And even if u go for a-la-carte.. u still have to pay 150Rs (or so) minimum, even if u just get ONE CHANNEL.

Thanks Amish.How about base pack + chota pack + a-la-carteORbase pack + a-la-carte?I do know that all DTH operators have this minimum amount for a-la-carte. In fact for Reliance it is higher than Airtel; 165 I think.Why do you recommend Airtel over Reliance? I am personally not a fan of Reliance but I am considering it because Reliance can offer my channel combinations at probably the lowest cost.

both not allowedcall 18001028080 toll free for exact info.Reliance i dont trust! 😀 I have never seen anyone praising reliance products except stocks few years back. but that too is going down now for Anil Ambani.

If you disconnect ADTV connection forever into the future they will get back all set of DTH return & its in their agreement. Note that.

@ MAX 24 - I suppose that is the case with all DTH operators, not just Airtel.@ Amish - Thanks. I too distrust Reliance as a group. If anything, Anil's group companies are even worse than Mukesh's. But off late I see a lot of complaints about Airtel CC. Like your own thread for example. So I'm looking for feedback from current Reliance users too. In the same way I was totally opposed to Reliance broadband as well but after seeing that recently customer experience (not the CC) with Reliance seems better than other ISPs I might even consider it.

Airtel is good if you dont run into any issues.I recently had an issue of replacing my faulty STB and they replaced it with a worse one.Also most of their Set Top Box quality is very bad.If your local airtel dealer is good,Go for Airtel.Another thing is Opt for Monthly pack.If you opt for an yearly pack most new channels wont be added to it.

@kooldude - Thanks for the valuable headsup. I will keep that in mind.Sadly all operators have virtually nothing of English entertainment on their lower base packages. For anything decent, we have to go with the top level packs. So I was looking at a strategy of selecting the cheapest base pack and adding on what I require. The alternate strategy is to take all a-la-carte in which case there is probably no annual payment discount.

Not with all dth. Sun direct & ADTV have same policy. Dish tv demands only viewing card by returning Rs. 400 by them & D2H SD get return ODU (Dish & Lnbf). Many deactivated DTH users agree that no any DTH company doesnt take back their hardwares after Deactivation of service too.

Dont buy Airtel DTH. Inconsiderate and idiotic customer care executives who have the slightest of idea why on earth is some one calling them will eat up your time, if you chose to pay online and wait for the delivery. Run away from it. I will repent having chosen them.....

If you disconnect ADTV connection forever into the future they will get back all set of DTH return & its in their agreement. Note that.

What if I don't disconnect. If I just don't recharge the account over a long period, will they come over demanding the equipment? Or is it just when a disconnection request is put it. Also why would anyone put in a disconnection request. I guess just stop recharging account and let it lie dormant should be fine right?

If you don't recharge the account, its gets deactivated not disconnected. The equipment is yours to keep until you put in a disconnection request. I didn't recharge for 4 months and nothing happened.