10 tips to consider before buying an HDTV - Article

Ooooh I got a 3D TV, Hold on let me get my 3d googles and then watch this movie, but what the hell, where is my remote and where is 3d goggles of mine, Man These things always get lost in couch or something.... SHucks I need to get new goggles now, Well better watch it in 2D now, May be when I go out in evening I will get them goggles... starts watching movies and then fades into sleep due to boring movie ( ALWAYS forgerts to get EXPENSIVE 3d goggles to watch 3d TV at home 😉 ) but thats just me. how about you MASCOT ?

I am half blind bro . 😎 I mean to say I already wear glasses and can't wear another 3D glass to watch 3D content for long. So, I decided not to purchase 3DTV when I planned to purchase new LED TV a month ago.

I am half blind bro . 😎 I mean to say I already wear glasses and can't wear another 3D glass to watch 3D content for long. So, I decided not to purchase 3DTV when I planned to purchase new LED TV a month ago.
But saw LG cinema 3D glasses in a Ad on tv...they have some 3D lens which you can stick it in front of normal spects lenses? 😱

Bt it will take years for 3D content to come in india. And We sud leave something to be watched in theatre 😉

i thought most of believed something similar with HD content? i personally thought that HD channels would take years to arrive in India but they did arrive pretty fast.

Yes, but there is a lot difference between HD and 3D. HD ease the viewer experience, but 3D makes it complicated with 3D glasses.

for broadcasting, there is not much of a difference right? you just need a different camera but the content delivery uses the same network and technology?

Yes, its like that only. Same content is recorded or captured with 2 different angle and special projection hardware is used to create depth. By using glasses we can feel the depth and this is how 3D is done.

Bt it will take years for 3D content to come in india. And We sud leave something to be watched in theatre 😉
But those tv's have 2D to 3D convertors right? use them?! 🙂

Yes , but to watch a 3D content, one need 3D glasses and this is the concern. How can people like me will bear the pain to wear 2 glasses (glasses over glasses) to watch 3D.

Also, presently only 31 3D channels are broadcasting all over the world. In India only Videocon d2h is having a 3D channel.

Here is the pictorial representation of 3D technology.