Sify Broadband Transfer

• Thread starter Thread starter adymate
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,389

adymate

Hay guysLets start it from the beginning .. I have stayed in Australia (Melbourne) for last 3 years. I was using TELSTRA Broadband service in Aus. It was great and the downloading speed was awesome.I moved back to New Delhi. Got Sify connection, the speed was nevertheless pathetic and s*cky. I was using 64kbps, well, i never got downloading speed more than 10kbps. I was still happy with that service, atleast it was constant.I moved to Chandigarh recently. I was shocked to hear that I cant transfer my Sify connection to Chandigarh. I have allready paid the registration charges once in New Delhi. Now isn't this unjust that they want me to pay another Rs. 3500 as part of registration. Sify is operating all over the country and is that what the sify customers get ? Its pathetic. Add to it, they want me to pay Rs. 3500 as part of registration, then they want me to pay Rs. 695 + Rs. 100 (Rs. 100 for monthly maintainance charges). Why are we liable to pay Rs. 100 maintanace charges. Local operators are making wrong use of the resources. This is too bad in the name of the company. I'm waiting for BSNL Broadband to launch in chandigarh. I know that BSNL will be giving same sort of service. Broadband service in India needs a LOT of improvement. Guys please advice, what can I do to transfer my Sify connection from New Delhi to Chandigarh. Is it possible that I can transfer my connection here? or should I seek Consumer Court and file a case against Sify.- Ady

howdySify Broadband in Chandigarh is practically C R A P. I know coz I had to move from panchkula to Gurgaon to get some decent connectivity without which I cannot do what I love to do.Go Figure.their are some dudes i remmeber from my days in panchkula... girish was somewhat helpful, mr. manpreet was useless so was many other dudes. trust me, u are in hell if u want to stay with sify. get some other connectivity like unlimited dialup, you will have more satisfying experiences. i think tata indicom is also launched there...Sushubh

Well, that site says, Yes I can transfer my New Delhi connection in Chandigarh. But the ISP in my area (Sector 37-C, Mr. Prem) says that I will have to pay installation charges. That means, I gotta take Sify to consumer court and Believe me, I WILL, these guys wont give me my rights untill I kick them in the face. I'm going to speak with the area manager for one last time and then I will send them the thing called Legal Notice. I'm going to do whatever I can against this issue.Please gimme more tips what I should do and what not.

1. the site does not say the transfer would be free.
2. sify does many things which is not mentioned on their site.
3. ankur raheja a dude from delhi has already sued them, maybe you can contact him.

related links:
http://forum.seo4india.com/lofiversion/index.php/t179.html
http://forum.seo4india.com/lofiversion/index.php/t383.html
http://forum.seo4india.com/lofiversion/index.php/t388.html
http://forum.seo4india.com/lofiversion/index.php/t120.html
http://forum.seo4india.com/lofiversion/index.php/t197.html

thats a lot of help sushubh (appreciate your help),Now the question is, should I pay Sify Rs. 3,500 as part of installation charges ? and should I agree to pay Rs. 100 extra every month as part of maintanace charges. Is it worth spending money on Sify? Do they give a reliable service? How many times you guys (specially Chandigarh users) get pissed and punch in walls when you find network down or those f**king "no gateway replies" or "request timed out" while pinging? Please suggest me, should I wait for BSNL DataOne to launch their services in Chandigarh.BSNL offers same package at Rs. 600 per month that sify charges Rs. 695+100Please suggest which is better.(I checked with BSNL people, they say they are launching their services in Chandigarh maximum by second week of March).

contact Bhinder on this forum. he lives in manimanjra which is part of chandigarh. i left sify in panchkula 2 months back. so have little idea abt current situation. but i have little faith in the b*st*rds at chandigarh sify office. i have suffered a lot... they led me to start a blog on them and now this forum... u can guess, it was not a good deal.wait for BSNL. people are saying good things abt them.

Ok Sushubh,Here is the update ... I contacted the Sify office again and asked them to atleast give me some sort of rebate as I'm an existing customer for Sify. I was damn ready to pay Rs. 3000 (installation charges) and Rs. 695 per month (I requested them to waive off the monthly Rs. 100 maintainance charges). I spoke with Mr. Sandip in Sify Office (Sector 34). Mr. Sandip said he will try his best and will speak with the area franchisee person and will call me back. Sandip has never called me back, I contacted him twice and reminded him again and over, but I believe they have too many customers and cant keep their commitments. I also offered Mr. Sandip that I could get him atleast 10 more connections (My friends who are working with me and are new to the city, looking for a good cable connection), but Mr. Sandip NEVER called me. Summary: 1. I'm waiting for BSNL to launch its services.2. I will 'never never never' recommend anyone to buy Sify packages. Its rediculous that sify dont wanna expand its business (i gave them a clear suggestion that i 'will' get them atleast 10 new connections and they dont seem to be interested :lol: ).

hey.. about sify bb in chandigarh.. well the service has been pretty much ok.. but don't get it unless you get along well with your cto 😉 i wouldn't recommend bsnl broadband.. with bsnl it is usually the same with all their products.. they launch it with great fanfare and when the media spotlight is on that product you can expect it to perform decently but after a while it generally gets fu**ed up.. and at least with sify you can bi**h abt your connection with the cust. care anytime.. not so with bsnl.. i would really recommend that you get a dialup connection (there are a few good ones around here.. get emmtel that was pretty good if i remember correctly..) and then when bsnl is stable and if you hear some good things abt it then you can get it.. 🙄

Oh well, I cant play my games if i use a 56k conn. I want to play online games. On top, BSNL is offering its service without any download/upload limits till June B) . Users can make unlimited download till June and after June, the download/upload limit wud be 1GB per month. 🤔