TABLETS Which One to buy, and why! Find your reason here

• Thread starter Thread starter rajm11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 8,223
R

rajm11

I am myself trying to buy a tablet since a week now and in confusion till date about what to focus on
and what not to, Do I need calling in tablet ? or Do I need to replace my phone with wonderfull more big device
what are the options in market for me

I guess Now that tabs are being omnipresent I will add this guide which is not comprehensive but at least
somewhat usefull to people who are about to buy tablets NOW.
O will ad my experience on each one that i handles, Please Update/Notify for any changes required.

----------

Also Samsung 10.1 is available for 31K from my dealer, Other are just rip off 32 & 34 K ???? what the hell

Cheapest is Aakash tab pc. For student around 1,200, others 2,275 & in stores 3,000. If you think to buy at less price a tab pc. Check specification.

Features : Ubislate.com

specifications : Ubislate.com

I would like to go with this.

MAx No doubt it is cheaper, But I am considering a Tab with atleast 800 Mhz or above since, Low speed of processor means lesses applications and OS version wll also be dated.I have handled Samsung Tab 10.1 & Original Tab as wellThe difference are stunning Even though Both run 1 Ghz processor, 10.1 is quite faster, along with the fact that Screen is absolutely beautifull, More vivid colors and Its also slim profile, and surprisingly No hardware buttons for 10.1. Max have you used Aakash tba yet ?

about to buyI just prefer specilities large screen for video, internet, documents, tv etc. thats it😀

If uyou want a real multimedia experience then i would reccodment anything above 800 Mhz cause at 300 Mhz you will not be able to see the proper video without lagging, If you really want to buy try Archos or creative they are cheap and has 1Ghz speed of processor

If that is the matter I will not move to that tab pc.Ty 😀

I am about to buy a tablet as well, hence I am looking for good one too, My requirements are 1] good internet speed support,2] No lagging3] Good display even in sunlight 4] CALLING FEATURE 5] good battery 6] Latest OS, since all development will be oriented for the same from this point on 7] avai;iobilty of apps for new OS

When considering any tablet, there are more things you need to consider apart from just the processor speed and availability of calling feature. Other important aspects to me would be - the OS it is running now, the screen type - capacitive/resistive and battery life. Most feature enhancements on smart phones and tablets these days come via the OS (upgrades). So it is important that your device should be able to support at least the next couple of iterations of the OS. When it comes to the screen capacitive is the way to go. Resistive screens don't offer the fluid user experience that we have so gotten used to. Battery life is important as the tablet is a portable device and it will determine how soon you will be hunting for a plug point to recharge your device. But the most important question to ask yourself before buying/considering a tablet (or any device for that matter) is - Why do you need a tablet? Once you have answered that it should be easy to narrow it down to the feature list that is must have.

capacitive is only way these days rather than resistive, thats for sure, You are very right in saying the enhancement will only be through OS upgrade ( mostly) hence OS is very imp. I suppose 5400 mAh is enough for a day of heavy use for tablet. WEll yes every one has to ask why they need a tablet ? for me personally its going to be an extension, I could have done my work right now while on route to home instead I am stuck here, then there is music & connectivity ( which is most important for me as of today) whats you excuse Garfield ?? ( other than it can show pictures of food 😉 got it ??? )

Only the processor speed is not all encompassing, the kind of processor makes a lot of difference. For example the Acer Iconia has a dual core tegra 1 ghz processor while the deall streak has a first generation single core Snapdragon qsd8250 processor. the processor on iconia is way way better.You need to decide whether calling feature is a deal-breaker. Because if it is, you don't have a lot of options.

true dat manu, ob both counts however, calling feature for some people is muct cause I dont think many peopl here understands the idea of TABLEt as of yet, Yes choices do get limited but the advantges with feature also gets expanded many folds. Perosnlly Now everything thing is/should come with Tegra 2 if possible dual core... which are very few, again the choice gets VERY narrowed down

----------

BTw choice of vendor is also a factor, SPecially in India, The local dealers will add 2 to 5K just cause its a new product in market, I experienced this a lot about these products..

Yes.. With ever expanding OS versions dual core processor is the way to go. It's not that vendors add 5K to the price just because it is a new product. The price difference in India (when compared to Int'l prices) is mainly due to the duties & taxes levied by our government.

are they too much the taxes I mean ? I see an example, the xoom I can buy here in shop is for 35k where as I can IMPORT a xoom 3g+wi-fi to my doorstep for mere 30k hows that possible ???

^ How did you arrive at the 30K cost?Customs for tablets is at 15% of assessed value - for a 30K tablet, that would be around 14.7% * (30000 + 21.125% + 1%) ~ 5400Shipping a 2 kg pack will cost you around 35 USD ~ 1750Extra costs itself therefore come to ~ 7200