TABLETS Which One to buy, and why! Find your reason here

• Thread starter Thread starter rajm11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 8,226
I currently have it setup to work with my iPad/iPhone. I usually stream movies and for that I use the AirVideo app on my iPad/iPhone & my laptop. My HDD is plugged into my laptop. You just need to setup the folders you want to access on the HDD/laptop then leave the laptop switched on. Then you can access the folders via the iPad/iPhone & play the content over your home wifi connection. It also allows you to access the content remotely from anywhere as long as you have a data connection. There might be a similar solution for Andriod devices but I haven't tried that yet. My next plan is to buy a media drive that I can setup directly with my wifi router. Then I won't have to bother with switching on the laptop. The media will always be accessible over the home network.

how to Buy aakash Tablet Toll Free No : 1800.180.2180 | H2hHelp.in

Can I trust this source to order tab pc?

@ garfield

What is price of wi fi router? Dont worry I will use that tab pc for home only & not out of home & with charger. You, opera & raj were right. Video doesnt play well on tab phone & lets see other useful feature for me from tab mobile.

hi max according to people, That number is always busy,but do try calling it. for wi-fi router check ebay.in, I would suggest a good router such as net gear or Linksys, if they are too expensive then try beetel they are way cheaper.

----------

did you test aakash tablet ? how was its perfomance, where in pune you chedked it ? Hujur paga ?

never buy a tab pc but I asking for suggestion which I post link here. No matter of price about router. Look tab pc early is not below Rs. 10,000 & if I can enjoy (at basic level) 10,000 thing in Rs. 2,275 then whats wrong in that. It will make me satisfied as it's price. I dont mind. Just above way I found to buy tab pc & maybe I will buy it within 6 months. What is router price without any offer?Thanks & give status of the number for too.

@Max 24 don't know about the link you posted, but you can preorder the Datawind Ubislate directly from their official website. Here is the link:
http://www.ubisurfer.com/html/tablet7.htm#

A good Wifi router should cost you around 2-3K. Since a router is not something you would be changing frequently, I would suggest you go for a wifi N router. But if you want to save on cost and if most of the devices you use don't support wifi N then you can go for a wifi G router.

Buying any device is a very personal decision, what works for one person might not work for another. In the end it comes down to what your individual needs and preferences are. What all of us have posted here in this thread are our personal opinions based on our point of view. If you think the Ubislate fits your needs and have decided to buy it then I wish you the best for your purchase. I look forward to your review of the tablet after you've used it for a while.

Thanks very much Garfield

As I mention already plz read from above my reply exact before your reply I think you didnt read it carefully. It as below words

No matter of price about router. Look tab pc early is not below Rs. 10,000 & if I can enjoy (at basic level) 10,000 thing in Rs. 2,275 then whats wrong in that. It will make me satisfied as it's price. I dont mind. Just above way I found to buy tab pc & maybe I will buy it within 6 months. What is router price without any offer?

There is no matter of price about router & you may suggest any good router & accessories (if needed because I dont know much about this type of gadgets & using accessories. you may suppose full blank about this).

----------

You know what is another minus point of the tab phone. It has a camera at front side not back side. There need a camera back side too. even we use it for conferencing we can use it as a real mirror which doesnt show mirrored pic. I like it.

The Ubislate seems like an interesting device. At one point I was considering buying one just to play around with. That was until I read the spec sheet for the device. The fact that it has a resistive touch screen made me change my decision. I just cant use or stand a resistive touch interface anymore. But I guess at that price point you can't expect more. 🙂

garfiled that was MAX24's point he isa ying he wants to just use it for the thrillof using a tab and after a while it will be just a TOY!! so testing thats it. ALthought I like your idea of streming very good. I am thinking of employing it.BTW who uses resistive screen any more ??? excpet for this UBER CHEAP UBER damn aakash tab... 😉

Raj righttt. You already got me what I say on this thread. Thanks. You put right opinion about my choice. 😀

----------

Resistive touch screen also main problem its true.

well, dont forget to post your test of AKASH tab here on forum, also where have you see n the tab in your hand ? Did you go to Telephone shopee in Hujur Paga ?

No. I dont have idea about huzur paga but is it confirm I can get tab phone aakash from there? I will buy it within 6 months. Now my plan is to buy D2H DVR this time.

I post a link already where they mention to call the number & they will deliver to user house.

----------

Can we upgrade processor like other parts of computers like hard drive, ram etc

I was in mall 3/4 days back , apparently looking at tabs ( duh!! ) and I met a technical person from Samsung and he was telling me that since ICS is made for cellphone and tablets alike, It will unlock the potential for calling on GSM as well, and hence Samsung tab 10.1 will RECEIVE support for GSM calling cause it has hardware ( sim tray & messaging), will xoom receive its calling ability as well ?also he told me that 7.7 will be launched on or around nov 15th where as 8.9 & 7.0 plus will be here in January Samsung is marketing them such way that they will exhaust the supply of 10.1 and then only move to next version ,so yah this is the case

my above comment has been used in XDA forum very recently, with redacted link to this forum..... I will post a link once I am home....btw IBF we are being famous... me and YOU on XDA imagine that....