TABLETS Which One to buy, and why! Find your reason here

• Thread starter Thread starter rajm11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 8,233
Ordering items online might definitely get you a good deal. But keep in mind a few things.. a lot of sellers on eBay (unless it is thru eBay Global Easybuy) might be selling items that are imported through back channels and hence are cheaper. You need to check if the item has a valid india warranty. It might be a product imported from abroad but if it doesn't have an local warranty then you might be shelling out extra money for service/repairs if you have problems later. If ordering through an international site then you will have to pay custom duties when you receive the product.My experience has been that you will get better deals if you try smaller retailers than if you go to bigger branded showrooms. The bigger stores mostly sell products at MRP whereas the smaller retailer will give you a discount out of his dealer margin. You get a better price for the same product and it comes with the official warranty. I can quote a personal example of when I bought my iPhone 4. I bought it from a small dealer who was authorized to sell the device instead of buying it from Airtel/Aircel or the iStore. I ended up paying 2.5K less than the retail price.

@ angatuk
The price is about $499.99 = 20K in USA
Shipping is around 1K
the taxes and duty at customs = 4K
Thats sums upto around about 30 K which includes shippers profit margin as well..
Just got a mail from shippers for similar item From USA.

@ Garfield
This has ring of truth for some since "THE MOBILE STORE" is asking price 34K for samsung tab 10.1 here in Pune, where as local dealers are asking for 32 K
ALso when I enquired at some local dealer who is able to sell it for 31.5K
I asked "THE MOBILE STORE" why are you sellin at higher price he said we provide 2 years warranty and also EMI is applicable with us and usual blah blah, Since you offer EMI, and keep the price high Am I not paying interest beforehand, so its such a BS from "THE MOOBILE STORE"
Same with FLIPKART, their each price is VERY HIGH than usual market price. Upto 10% or more markup I have seen...

@ angatuk
The price is about $499.99 = 20K in USA
Shipping is around 1K

$500 = 20000 INR? When? It is 25000!
Shipping @ 1K is a steal indeed. Who is giving such low rates for shipping?

THis is the mail I got from shipper Check it out this is from
www.shopabroadonline.com

Thanks for your order request:

Item Type: ElectronicsItem Description: Samsung tab 8.9 Samsung - Galaxy Tab 8.9 with 16GB Memory - Metallic Gray - GT-P7310MAYXAR

[h=1]As described in the U.S. website below:[/h]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+Galaxy+Tab+8.9+with+16GB+Memory+-+Metallic+Gray/3070224.p?skuI

Shipped directly from US retailer to you in India!

Total all-inclusive cost of item for delivery to India based on current exchange rates will be:

Rs. 30417
Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 24749

International Shipping: Rs. 950

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 4718
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL Rs. 30417

rajOk I dont know many technical things but which u suggested really appreciateThanks. Its also important for me.

Well hey max thats why we are all here arent we, I mean to buy a tab with wise decision. Now that I know why I want a tablet device, I am focusin on features 10" Screen is too large to take every where so 7" is good, 8.9 is okay 1 Ghz Dual core for operating excels and HD vids too slim profile wont hurt nice display So I am still waiting on samsung 7.7 or 8.9, And they are still not releasing it in India, althought its due more than a month now.WHat is your decision Max ?

Today I found one new thing , HTC flyer TAB with wifi only is available on ebay for only 20 K and Its 3G tab can be hacked to make GSM call using bluetooth or wired headsets.... but It comes with 2.3 Rather than 3 but it is upgradable to 3 so is it win-win or loose-loose..??

@rajThanks for your valuable reply to me. I am looking for a tab pc with cheapest price with large screen (I am ready if it is below size of any note book screen size) for watching videos, internet use, document view, tv etc. I like to buy full of multimedia tab pc. But u mention about processor I will test videos on Aakash tab pc & then I will decide.Thanks for your good suggestion. I am not much aware of technical things & it will my wrong decision after buy the tab phone before I watch demo of it. It seems you are on expert level on tab pc / mobile. I will give suggestions on DTH as I can but no mobile & vehicles & social.

max again, I will recommend t try SPICE MI-TAB rather than akash, lower processor power may not be for your needs.What is your budget for the tab thoug. Lets see if we can find it together for you...BTW I am not expert either, but I am just what you say geek, nerd Kind of and I love my gadgets, I can tell you same about mobile phone, WII anything shiny really... 😉

someone here wants to buy an aakash? i would have to ban that person from this forum.

yah, Failure is not an option but LOW AIM IS A CRIME..... USING aakash is insult if you have 10 K or more in hand and want to use the ACTUAL tablet tech.,.😉

@ operaWhats wrong with you? Same about you that dont tell me that you use outgoing plan for mobile like 1/ps, 0.50/ps or 0.1/ps otherwise I will codemn you.@ RajAccording to my need Aakash is great deal & cheapest too. Great thing about tab pc is larger screen which Aakash have. I use it for watching videos, use internet, document view, use as a pc. But if it cant give the satisfaction when I use it for watch video & etc. then I will not move to it. Thanks for your valueable reply. If I buy it before watch demo it will my wrong decision. My choice is a 3d mobile phone with larger screen & budget is Rs. 10000. HTC is a great phone but it not for Rs. 10000. It has facility of 3d recording. Which is great. Spice is good 3d phone but screen is small.What u say?

No max Try for SPICE MI-Tab its a & inches tab that is similar to Galaxy Tab, Also It supports 3G and voice calling, so dont have tyo carry phone and tab with you. It s also about 11-13K right for your budget, ALso try searching for Archos tablet, HOWEVER DO NOT ever go with Chinese tablet without brand name, ALso Look for Lenovos New Idea and K1 Pad which are in your range and seems to be a good optionand Operamanic was just kidding

@ RajAbout opera its not good to comment on others deal. Sorry opera but its true.yah, Failure is not an option but LOW AIM IS A CRIME..... What does this mean? USING aakash is insult if you have 10 K or more in hand and want to use the ACTUAL tablet tech.,.😉 I think you dont read my last reply carefully. 10 K for 3d & larger screen only. Not for tab pc. Thanks for many your suggestion but I think now you got it that why I not move there because of its not 3d.