Need to stop auto connecting of Internet?

• Thread starter Thread starter eternity2k9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,617

eternity2k9

ISP
BSNL
Hello guys i'm David from Tamilnadu.i own a Beetel 110bx1 ADSL2+ modem. i have been using this modem for BSNL broadband in my home town and i used to connect to the net manually by giving username and password. now i moved to Trichy and has got a BSNL broadband connection. the BSNL people asked my modem and they configured something and now it is getting connected automatically. so whenever i plug the ethernet cable its gettin connected and i'm loosing lot of data usage. can someone help me to revert my modem configuration? i need to connect manually to internet.. plz help

Open 192.168.1.1 ID admin PW password ( or admin)Menu pages will openSelect MANAGEMENTSelect Backup to say C:/My Documents/Bsnl always ONStep 2:Select WAN under Advanced optionsEDIT line 0_35 NEXTUncheck PPPoE check box Bridged"APPLY SaveManagementSAVE REBOOTWait for 2 minutes.Re start system/modemEnter BSNLID/PW as usual in computer WINDOWFEEDback.( check "sticky" post Wa3002_g4 above for screen shots step by step details etc )

You can simply switch off the modem power switch and cut off the connection. Even though it is kept ON, there will be almost no consumption of internet.

thanks a lot man it worked....🙂

----------

You can simply switch off the modem power switch and cut off the connection. Even though it is kept ON, there will be almost no consumption of internet.

if i switch off the modem it takes a lot of time to establish the link...

anyhw essbebe solved the problem for me...🙂

if i switch off the modem it takes a lot of time to establish the link...

Nice that you are happy with Bridge mode. PPPoE takes hardly 10 seconds more than bridge to reconnect. Certain drawback of dialer mode are

1. You bypass hardware firewall, hence all ports are opens.

Use a good firewall if you are using bridge mode.

2. You cannot use more than one system at a time

Cannot use WiFi or another system using ethernet unless the system with dialer is ON.

3. Every time you need to wait for your PC to switch ON and then to click " Connect " to connect to internet.

In PPPoE, you can press the power button of both modem and PC around the same time and by the time your PC is ready to use, connection is also established.

Also, even if you keep the modem ON and shutdown PC or keep PC idle (ie, no browsers, torrents, automatic updates etc) there will be no charge for internet.