• Thread starter Thread starter Topweb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6,078

Topweb

Regular
ISP
Airtel
I have 2 Airtel broadband connections. A 512 kbps connection at home with Rs 495 pm retention plan (inclusive of service tax) and a 4 mbps connection with 25 GB FUP in office.On both connections speed used to be capped at the respective plan speeds (i.e. 512 kbps and 4mbps). Since Friday, I am noticing that most websites are loading at faster speed and browsing experience has now improved. On speedtest.net there is no significant increase in download speeds. BUT I have Windows Task Manager opened while I'm browsing and watching videos from cnbc.com and bloomberg.com. In the Networking tab on task manager, I can see that download speed was spiking to over 5.2 mbps for short durations while web pages are downloading or video is buffering while it is also playing. This is on a 512kbps connection at home. Earlier it was impossible to see CNBC.com videos without buffering on 512 kbps line. On 4 mbps connection in office, download speed spiked to 6.5 mbps and sustained download speed was around 5 mbps while I downloaded Windows 8 beta today and a few other big files. The Networking tab in Task Manager doesn't show the download speed but when a PC is connected to modem/router by a lan cable and Network Utilization is shown as 6.5% of 100 mbps, one can easily calculate that it is 6.5 mbps.Looks like Airtel is making changes to its network and plans with higher speeds may be coming in near future.ORThis is some kind of bug in their systems.Anyone else seeing any change in download speeds on their Airtel broadband lines in Delhi?

a dude on 1mbps plan told me that he has been getting 2mbps for the last 2-3 days. just that.

from the last three days i am getting full line speed instead of my plan speed. looks like their speed control software is under maintenance.

I am also getting 2 Mbps instead of 512 kbps (unlimited) but the issue is that torrents speeds are reduced during day so speed benefit is mostly in the night. Last night I downloaded around 10 GB 🙂

yes, i'm jealous for not having an airtel connection right now... you are exceeding your 512KBps connection to 619kbps download speed, and my connection still struggling at 140kbps speed on 1MBps fivenet connection.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/1524677726.png

I am getting that on a 512 kbps connection. 720p buffering faster than I watch, this is a dream!

Getting 5.2 Mbps on my 2 Mbps line right now.Probably just a random spike in speed though.Testing being done maybe.

i'm getting close to 7mbps on my 4mbps connection for the last 2 days. i downloaded 100 GB in last 2 days . getting 800 KBps on torrent downloads .

https://www.speedtest.net

What you download, tell me too and from where. I just download movies and softwares, dont understand wht u download that u reached 100 GB in 2 days ;-)

I too am getting 2mbps on my 512kbps connection? wonder whats the problem there............also i think they have changed their CC e-mail id and every time i e-mail them a query..........i get an error message that "i have not mentioned my tel-no in subject line".........

What you download, tell me too and from where. I just download movies and softwares, dont understand wht u download that u reached 100 GB in 2 days ;-)

i download everything in 1080p(or 720p for TV series) plus i watch a lot of HD streams of games .

i download everything in 1080p(or 720p for TV series) plus i watch a lot of HD streams of games .

I was thinking on the same line, high quality videos