Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Fibernet folks contacted me on chat... They told me that the original thread had turned into a mess and they wanted it removed as it was causing them issues with I suppose bad PR and of course some statements which did not work well for them. I was told that they are changing their strategy and wanted to start fresh. I moved the original thread to a non public area and started this new section for them. I am yet to see them post anything here so I decided to clarify about the original thread. They told me that they now aim to create local networks connected to a centralized server for hosting and sharing files. And this server would be mirrored with other servers around the country (using the internet) with other LANs that they might/would establish. I did not discuss much about this new strategy on chat as I wanted them to detail it here on the forum publicly. I had no discussions related to their new business model and how they aim to make money from it. From what I see, having a centralized server for sharing data sounds like a bad idea wrt piracy as they would be hosting content shared by people on their own servers. I suppose they would want to reveal more about it here.I wonder how this is going to work out with respect to data deduplication and how the users would be able to share privately and of course if everything is public, it is a legal nightmare for them and their users.

TBH this doesn't seem like much of a strategy change based on my discussions with them Fibernet. Where else do I post this? | Mathew Carley

It's not an altogether bad idea, and if it can be made to work, then awesome. Maybe they're thinking along the lines of a CDN, but getting it super-close to the users rather than in an ISP NOC. I for one will be interested to hear more and discuss more with them about it too 🙂

since they have not bothered to post here even though they told me that they would. i would imagine that they just played around with me to get the original thread removed. thankfully i did not delete it and it is lying in an inaccessible part of the forum. so if they turn out to be a disaster in the future, i can simply bring it back for public viewing.

@operamaniac

Though they started posting and seems to come with better management and plan...

But Their arrogance and attitude of 'Knowing everything' is still there.. If they want to be accepted on forum they need to learn to respect and accept criticism.

They should be ready to answer every question either is good way or they can deny to answer, but they should not be insulting other in anyway...

Keep the thread alive untill you are sure that they are behaving properly...

P.S. - If I were at place, I would remove the thread after I get above assurance instead of removing the thread first ...

i would say the same thing again. their responses are getting appropriate responses by the forum members... i see no point of censoring any discussions here related to Fibernet (or Hayai for that matter). 🙂

Ok, Let's see how long they survive here... Personally I would love to see them here for long time and also like to use their services, Their is a lot of potential & Innovation in their business plan ..

that's what mathew is trying to convey here but it is not being received appropriately. 🙂 i mean if mathew is wrong with any of the facts, they can respond with correct facts. 😕 i am not seeing that happen here though i am not actively monitoring the discussions in this forum. 🙂

@operamaniac

Though they started posting and seems to come with better management and plan...

But Their arrogance and attitude of 'Knowing everything' is still there.. If they want to be accepted on forum they need to learn to respect and accept criticism.

They should be ready to answer every question either is good way or they can deny to answer, but they should not be insulting other in anyway...

Keep the thread alive untill you are sure that they are behaving properly...

P.S. - If I were at place, I would remove the thread after I get above assurance instead of removing the thread first ...

You know, that's what the problem with IIT guys is. know it all..

And that is how much exactly?From what I see from your photo, you are an IIT grad who has graduated just few years ago I think, if not less, then how is it possible?

I have been doing this stuff, in practical for more than 1/4th of my life.Call it a problem or whatever.

Pffrt, N00b 😉

I've been involved in tech as my source of income for over half my life. Yes, seriously.

i doubt. i think you have been doing this for whole of your life..this trolling thing

If you wish to be ungrateful for the help I've attempted to provide you, then fine. If you wish to think you are better than me because you went to IIT, then fine. If you still want to think that despite all evidence, you still know better about law/business/technology for whatever reason, then fine. If you can't answer the questions or don't want to, then just say so. If I'm asking an unreasonable question, then tell me.

But I DO NOT appreciate the insults and I am NOT trying to troll you. Nor do I have a reason to. I am NOT a competitor, I was hoping (at one stage) to even collaborate with you and I have mentioned on occasions that your plans have merit if they can be clarified and so forth.

All I am trying to do is to get a reasonable answer to what I consider to be reasonable questions. But the way you are responding is really not appreciated and I am no longer in a position where I can wish your project well, nor can I ever think of dealing with your company, or even recommend the same to my enemies.

You need to learn to deal with people if you plan to become successful, and so far, what you're doing isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.