How to save and invest hardcore earned money ??

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 368
  • Views Views 33,578

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
There are lots and lots of schemes and offers floating all around which attracts us to invest our hardcore earned money . But wt can be the best options or schemes where we can invest our money and earn the maximum interest out of it .1. Mutual funds2. Shares3. Insurance Policies4. Fixed Deposit5. Gold, Silver coins/biscuits.....

None of above.6) Petrol! 😀

oil should be available for trading through the commodities market 😕

Coming to topicFixed Deposit and Gold wud be safe bet.Top two are risky but can fetch lots of money.Insurance policy - not much idea.

I still haven't found any friend and relative who have invested in Shares and came out or have make profits in it. Is anyone here who had made profits out of Share Market ??

i experimented for 2-3 months and exited while i was in profit. i still own few shares of Infosys and Reliance Industries I think which should both be profitable when I decide to sell them. i did not experiment much. just played around with safer stocks and one day realized that it was becoming an addiction and stopped it. i still end up paying the DMAT account charges every year to ICICI as the account is still active.

Wow, finally gt someone who gt profited . And I guess nt getting addicted was the best step taken by you. People usually gt addicted and lose money by taking risks.

i think we have a couple of full time traders making good money on the forum. as for me... i see my dad who has quite a lot of money invested in the market. he is glued to business channels all day long. 😕

amish has suggested 2 good ways to invest money. Wt else can be the safe ways to invest and earn high interest . It would be gr8 if everyone shares the method they are using at present.

i have lost a lot of money through ULIPs. i am planning to switch back to PPF account from next year. i am done with investments.

Till now we were having age of dis-investing. Actual age of investing and saving had now started dude 🙂

Fixed depoists if you have less money. Otherwise property.Gold is a bubble right now. Who knows when it will pop.Stock market is taking a beating for some time. I've a relative that's been in it since 2006, made good returns but this year he's 20% down. So if you're looking to make some gains you have to watch the market every day and see which direction the index is going. 4 days up 1 day down is good but 4 days down and only 1 day up is bad. There are many ppl waiting to pick up shares on the cheap but if the price is likely to go down it isn't a good time to buy in that case.The goal is whatever investment mix you have it should beat inflation. I was looking at a mix in the BS some time back and they had a formula 50 % FD's, 20% equity, 20% stocks and 10% commodities. If inflation was 9% this mix would get you 11 %. Thats a very small margin for such a diverse portfolio. If you stuck 100% in FD's you would get 10%. This just gives you an idea how crap the stock market is currently. The only ones making anything are those that spend 2 hrs watching the figures every day and have done their research for months, maybe they would net 5-10% more tops. Maybe even this is an exageration.So in short, IM we live in very boring times 🙁

Mutual funds, gold bonds, real estate , keeps my portfolio smiling though am not really a invest, wait and save kinda guy i believe in invest and grow , so mostly my savings [ if any 😕] go back in work.

Gold is a bubble right now. Who knows when it will pop.

So in short, IM we live in very boring times 🙁

in short no, i hate long posts so here is quickie , gold is solid investment and will continue to be so even after all everything fails, cause gold or other minerals based investments are backed by a solid security in end. a bubble is created on artificial or paper money as we call it, when there is no real money or security expect paper securities exchanging varoius hands , it's long and complicated affair , the crash of 08 was the result of a bubble of artificial money where there was none to go around. gold/sliver will forever be there, though prices may go up and down but it will never crash.

next big crash in 2012 will be in real estate 😛