How to save and invest hardcore earned money ??

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 368
  • Views Views 33,579
@jaymin My insurance cover is 1 cr and my premium is 7500. So I think I am into a better deal. Also PPF is additional investment. Office EPF is already in place. @Deleted Member 7160 And PPF amount remain secured for 15 years bro. I don't think it has got lesser locking period.

Yes, Its 70K per year! Another thing, This year while submitting investment proofs to my employer. Employees were asked to show interest earned from NSC as Income from other sources.

And theres a limit on that amount! Unless u dont have anything else allowable under that section, utilising that limit of 1,00,000, u shud look for other options. 🙂

Employee PF has a limit of 12% which is quite less. So still a good amount is available to make it 1 lac

Yes, Its 70K per year!

Another thing, This year while submitting investment proofs to my employer. Employees were asked to show interest earned from NSC as Income from other sources.

Nope bro PPF limit has been extended to 1 lac per year.

And now all employers are taking interest earned as income from other sources which is really sad.

@Mascot....I knew about that limit of EPF. The only point i raised was this - u might be claiming other deductions too under Sec 80C. Unless u dont have anything else to b claimed there, u shud look to keep PPF restricted. And on Insurance, i think u have misinterpret my comment.I said that no need to be over-insured, in the sense that if say today u are covered for upto 1 Crore, then that is fine. A Health cover of a few lakhs a year, shud be fine......but thats it. U shudnt get cover bigger than this. The "Adequate amount" is again relative......it can change from person to person.

😀 looks like now a days either you have become more intelligent or I have become dumb. This is the 2nd time I misinterpreted your words. Lol.