• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 8,048

audioslave

What?
ISP
Beam 24Hours
Reliance - Upgraded plansAirtel- upgradedYou broadband- upgradedBeam fiber - UpgradedMTNL - upgraded.Now what is BSNL up to? cant they provide 10mbps on their present ADSL technology? Or they would upgrade plans when they upgrade to VDSL. Already Half of the base in Hyderabad Lost? what the Hell is going on?BSNL has 75% of the Broadband Market share in India. If they Sleep Definitely India will also in Broadband Sector.

Reliance - Upgraded plans
Airtel- upgraded
You broadband- upgraded
Beam fiber - Upgraded
MTNL - upgraded.

Now what is BSNL up to? cant they provide 10mbps on their present ADSL technology? Or they would upgrade plans when they upgrade to VDSL. Already Half of the base in Hyderabad Lost?
what the Hell is going on?

BSNL has 75% of the Broadband Market share in India. If they Sleep Definitely India will also in Broadband Sector.

What have MTNL upgraded?

BSNL probably won't use VDSL - their copper loop lengths are too long for that, and they're already deploying FTTH (forget for a moment how "expensive" it is, they're deploying it).

I don't think there will be any major change in speed in near future. May be it will happen when FTTH gets popular. BSNL upgraded UL 750 to 512 Kbps only 15 months back and in January they did introduced 4 Mbps FUP based UL plans (useless though). BSNL has no competitors in most of the areas of its service and private players like only those areas where they can penetrate with higher density. They completely ignore even city suburbs. Unless there is any major change in speeds that other ISPs offer, there will be probably no change in speed for BSNL plans.

Do you think BSNL is Happy in Hyderabad? Yes i agree that they revised the plans 15 Months Back but how can they live in this competitive market? I can surely tell you they no longer have their presence in Hyderabad. I don't know about other cities.
May god bless their FTTH, god knows when they'l provide at Reasonable Rates.
BSNL has Deployed Fiber in Hyderabad according to my Uncle who Works in BSNL but he also has no clue when they will revise the broadband plans. Only God knows when they'l use the fiber and provide us Some Good Broadband. a Few months back I said in the forum that some company was laying Fiber near my Area later I came to know that it was BSNL.
I am sure BSNL FTTH Wont be launched No Sooner. Will wait For Hayai.

BSNL is not much prepared for competition. But the fact remains that they have no competition in many areas. The only place where they give competitive plans are under MTNL. BSNL Metro circles offer some special discounts at times, other than that, they are not much bothered about competition. FTTH is definitely going to take some time to be available everywhere. May be then the price of normal ADSL will drop steeply. But as I said, nothing very soon.

Hathway Bhawani? Have they changed to a temple ? Actually a gud move only god can help dem 😀 😀
Looks like they are following Airtel. Or both are competing in Race where " Lets see who will loose the customers first" 😛

Are cellone tarrifs competitive, not anymore, even though bsnl faces stiff competition in the wireless space. I doubt that competition will force bsnl to introduce new plans. In areas where other isps are present hardly anyone uses bsnl, and bsnl couldnt care less. In my apartment complex there are 550 airtel connections 300 reliance and 200 bsnl connections ( 2 years ago, all were bsnl)

bsnl VDSL strategy is a little skewed...as per my know how adsl and vdsl can't work together/face problems due to some characteristics. BSNL will have to completely change a DP box/cabinet and most importantly ALL cpe's to vdsl in a given area. GOD knows how they will do it ! But there is a strong possibility that they might completely change adsl to vdsl tech, it can only be known when contract with ZTE comes out in open.About BSNL ftth plan i think they are cautiously treading the path, they are definitely not going for entire country shock and awe plan. The size of their equipment tender specifies that.Actually everyone is in a wait and watch strategy nowadays which includes airtel,reliance etc.:closedeyes: