Help Choosing USB 3G Modem for MTNL 3G

• Thread starter Thread starter samir_a
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,191

samir_a

ISP
MTNL 3G
I need to buy a 3G modem for MTNL 3G I was looking at Alacatel, but cant find any reviews of it.Can anyone guide me as to which is the best suited modem for MTNL 3G currently I am using Nokia E71 and get download speeds of around 200 to 240 KBPS through out the day one of the reason for the same i think is because the tower is less then 100 meters away.Awaiting your repliesSamir

Huawei E1750 or any 7.2 mbps data card should not be more than Rs 1700. if you want to buy on the net,you can buy the best right now 21 mbps card Huawei UMG1831 around Rs 2400 or so.

My point is buying a 21 MBPS modem is I do not think MTNL will ever have those speeds in the near future and even if they do not for at least a year or so and dont think they will have an true UL plan for speeds as high as that and hence 21 MBPS modem for today is not going to be of any use and a year down anyways technology will change.So why do not I buy a Alcatel or Beetel 7.2 MBPS modem is there an issue with apart from the slightly high price which is because its an warranty and unlocked peice and there out to be a difference between a chineese and and Europian brand in terms of quality.So what I want to know is there a reason people are using Alcatel apart from the little higher price and is there any preferable model in Alcatel Regards,Samir

Ok .if you want to buy only factory unlocked { & non operator branded like airtel/aircel etc which is normally locked}among the two -Alcatel X220 7.2 mbps data card is ok. (dont buy 3.6 mbps data card of beetel or alcatel :fear2:now)my friend is using alcatel x220 7.2 mbps card.It is ok.:001_unsure:no voice call/ussd like that. but it should give up to 3-4 mbps (MTNL's max speed)update what you bought in the shop and price.

Alcatel One Touch X230E is this model good enough to work with mtnl

----------

And whats the different between X220 and X230E and which will be more suitable to MTNL 3G ??

Huawei E1750 or any 7.2 mbps data card should not be more than Rs 1700. if you want to buy on the net,you can buy the best right now 21 mbps card Huawei UMG1831 around Rs 2400 or so.

where can I get Huawei UMG1831 for Rs 2400 in mumbai

You can buy Micromax, 3.6MBPS Usb Modem or 7.2 which is compatible and works with all 3g networks.

I can give you very best price,
2025sk@gmail.com