• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,129
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_k

ISP
BSNL
Hi friends i am an bsnl Broadband user which i get through my home landline. I am currently using the modem provided by bsnl, which is Nokia Siemen C2110. Now for a bit better protection and wifi facility i want to get a new modem. I am planning to buy D-Link Wireless N 300 router. But the problem is i might be converting to reliance net connect plus after few months, which i believe comes with a dongle or something. My question is will i be able to use that wireless router with reliance net connect plus? If not then please suggest similar product which can be used with reliance net connect plus.Sorry if my question is unclear but i am not that expert in those matter the point is since i am converting to reliance after few month i don't want to spend money which wont work with reliance. Do NAT router needed for usb modem? I don't think there is a usb plug in the d-link wireless N 300 router to plug in the usb modem which will come with reliance. Thanks

No the same router will not work. In fact, I don't think you can get any WiFi router that will work with your old modem and with the Reliance Netconnect+.Besides, before you go for netconnect+ kindly ensure that it gives you acceptable speed in your area.

No the same router will not work. In fact, I don't think you can get any WiFi router that will work with your old modem and with the Reliance Netconnect+.
Besides, before you go for netconnect+ kindly ensure that it gives you acceptable speed in your area.

You are probably right. I also have searched with google and unable to find a suitable product so i think there are no such device. Also i would like to know if a router needed for USB modem for security reason?

A router will not increase security. In fact,a WiFi router can increase vulnerability.The USB modem is quite secure since you need to have physical possession as well as the number.

A router will not increase security. In fact,a WiFi router can increase vulnerability.
The USB modem is quite secure since you need to have physical possession as well as the number.
Actually in many security forum they advice to use a router as first line of defence. That's why i am looking for a router... what you think??

actually routers with built-in firewalls might be recommended. or maybe they were talking about hardware firewalls that also act as routers.

actually routers with built-in firewalls might be recommended. or maybe they were talking about hardware firewalls that also act as routers.

yes its router with built-in firewall. Do that needed for USB modem? It would be very inconvenient to carry a router around. Its more usefull for a wired connection i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.