Health Insurance Portability has arrived!

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
If not satisfied with the services of existing health insurer, you can change the company without losing policy benefits as the long-awaited portability comes into force from Saturday.

reminds me. i have to get mediclaim. :confused:

madhusudhan7

leaguemaddy
Regulars
Aug 10, 2008
Bangalore
Well glitches all right but we at least have an alternative, but most people agree this wouldn't drive any sort of a price war like the mobile industry. Perhaps the company with better Customer Service will gain the most now

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
this question would probably require an expert to answer. private companies do offer some features that government companies might not. i heard that pregnancy is covered by only a few companies on a few policies (for medical insurance). it would be stupid to blankly say that LIC is better than all the other options. it would strictly depend upon what policy you took. i have invested in three ULIPs by private companies. i made foolish choices and all of them are making loss (i was promises 50-60% growth at the time of getting them... market was really booming at that time). now i plan to discontinue them all next year and switch to a single long term high quality policy from LIC.