Speed not matching with plan provided

• Thread starter Thread starter avikdip74
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,449

avikdip74

ISP
BSNL
I am just shifted to ULF 900 plan from Home combo 750 planaccording to the specifications I should get 4mbps speed upto 8gb usage but I am getting only 1.66mbps with a download speed with 160 to 200 kbpsI talked to SDE in my local exchange, he told the problem would be fixed but it would take some timeso tell me how long generally it takes to lift the caping or should I have to make vigorous follow ups as generally what we do with any bsnl broadband problems because of their "very quick" services...lol..Another thing I would like to know that the plan enables me to have 400 free local calls from my landline in a month, so I would like to know whether this free calls include calls to any network or only to bsnl network...means if I make a call to vodafone or airtel mobile phone (local) with my landline, will it be counted within my quota of free calls ?waiting for your repliesNB : I opted for BB Home combo ULD 900 but my portal says my changed plan is I-H ULF 900-M Are these two same ?

It is a common problem with 4 Mbps plans. It happens because there is a speed cap at exchange which is of 2 Mbps which was the maximum speed till the 4 Mbps plans are introduced. Talk to the SDE of your exchange and request him to remove the cap and set the speed that you get 4 Mbps. Worked for others.

You can also try a complaint here

http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

A written letter to the SDE with a photocopy of your modem page showing the cap would quicken the process.

A written letter to the SDE with a photocopy of your modem page showing the cap would quicken the process.

can you tell in detail about how can I get modem page which is showing the cap, which portion and how to rich to that page ??

can you tell in detail about how can I get modem page which is showing the cap, which portion and how to rich to that page ??

Go to 192.168.1.1
Type admin for both username and password.
The home page itself shows the line rate of both upstream and downstream.
Get a printout of this page, highlight the line rate and attach it to the written letter having subject "Increase the cap to 4mbps".
Mention your plan in the letter too.

Go to 192.168.1.1
Type admin for both username and password.
The home page itself shows the line rate of both upstream and downstream.
Get a printout of this page, highlight the line rate and attach it to the written letter having subject "Increase the cap to 4mbps".
Mention your plan in the letter too.

what should be the value for line rates if my connection is 4mbps ?

And do you have any idea about the free calls I mentioned at the beginning of my thread ?