Tesla Model S

haha I could do that. But still its an famous site and forms opinions of thousands of other readers.

Does not mean you have to give a shit about them. I have a long list of 'famous' websites that I do not visit, do not care for.

One of the features of the latest software update:

Location-Based Air Suspension
If you regularly drive on roads or driveways that require higher than normal clearance, your Model S will remember where you previously selected high ride heights and automatically adjust the air suspension at those locations. This feature will be especially handy for people who have steep driveways. (Model S must be equipped with air suspension for this function to work.)

Don't cha wish your car was smart like this?

Report: Tesla's Model D Obeys Speed Signs and Changes Lanes By Itself

To be announced today.

According to the leaked report, one of the new headline features is the ability for the Tesla to recognize, and then obey, speed signs. Using an on-board camera, it should be a relatively simple exercise for the Model D to recognize speed signs, and then adjust itself to match. It's not the first cruise control that messes with your speed without you asking — radar-guided cruise control is actually pretty commonplace on higher-end cars these days — but a sign-recognition system that works reliably would be ground-breaking.
Also showing up on the new car is an auto-lane-change feature. Using a system of twelve sensors around the car, the Model D is able to detect surrounding traffic, so that when you press the turn signal (yeah, you know, the stork things covered in dust hidden behind the wheel?), the Tesla can check your blind spot, then change lanes if it's safe to do so.

TIlhfIu.jpg

It is like cruise control. Car drives by itself but you have to keep an eye on it. You do not just close your eye and go to sleep while the car is in cruise control.

And you cannot be as alert as while you have full control

The alertness will go down drastically and in a very significant moment it can And certainly will backfire............

My only major accident in a car while driving happened when I fell asleep while driving. This technology would probably have prevented me from hitting the bus in front. 🙂