• Thread starter Thread starter DontAsk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,271

DontAsk

Still Learning
ISP
AirTel, MTNL
So, I had a new connection from Airtel at my new premises, and received the first bill.

One entry caught my attention:

DSL usage charges: Rs. 100

Now when I have unlimited plan (FUPed off course), and have not subscribed to any other service/product of theirs on this account, how come this "DSL Usage Charge".

So I submitted a ticket (no use talking to their support over the phone). Got a response that it was for PC secure that I had subscribed.

I told them that I have never subscribed for PC Secure and even it was for PC Secure, why have they mentioned it as "DSL Usage Charges".

They skipped the wrong description part and replied that they have in record that I have subscribed to PC Secure.

In return I attached the scanned copy (I always keep a copy of documents that I sign) of the form that I filled by my own hands for this connection, and asked them where in that form I have subscribed to PC Secure.

On this they balked and replied that charges have been reversed.

But reversal was of Rs. Rs. 99.27/- and that too as credit in next bill. I raised the question again, where are Rs. 0.73.

No reply yet.

Now if you see, they charged Rs. 100 by fraud, they taxed it too, when caught they reversed only Rs. Rs. 99.27 while keeping Rs. 0.73 and tax amount (since they can show charges were reversed) on Rs. 100.

Can you imagine how many million rupees they are making using such fraudulent practices.

yeap. known habit of airtel. i do not scrutinize my own bills because the amount is literally the same every month. it has to be because i do not use the landline at all. and i know that the amount i pay does not include any additional services.

from what i see, airtel is the new sify. you can fight it out. you can tear your hair. in the end, you are going to be the loser. airtel is simply too big today to be bothered about complaints like these. just find a way to not get too annoyed with their insanities while you wait for a decent alternative to appear in the market.

That gives me other reason to promote MTNL 😀Everytime I change the plan they charge me mathematically EXACT amount to the EXACT PAISA for EXACT NUMBER OF DAYS, no rounding, no extra charge.Once their Garuda internet was down for 7days, even though I dont use that service, I got abt 100Rs as refund! i.e. airtel charges for service NOT subscribed and MTNL reverses charges for service which you dont use!! (but available to you to use)

This month they activated hello tune on my landline without my consent, i got it deactivated but was charged the Rs 30 subs in my bill , i decided not to complain for this small amount and waste my time i know what their response will be , i check my bill carefully everytime now and have seen many "mistakes" in the last year.

Atleast MTNL does not do any frauds in billing. My neighbor got Rs 35,000 charges cancelled as someone used to use his landline to make international calls. MTNL did not create much fuss once they examined his past usage. The process took 1 week but it was done.

This month they activated hello tune on my landline without my consent, i got it deactivated but was charged the Rs 30 subs in my bill , i decided not to complain for this small amount and waste my time i know what their response will be , i check my bill carefully everytime now and have seen many "mistakes" in the last year.

the crappy airtel is known to do this..just happened with me 2 months back they themselves activated the hello tune and since it was backup sim and had very little balance it went in -ve....total waste...complained to airtel the morons tell me that u pressed this and that button even after telling them its a new SIM and hadn't even made single call on it...

Friend bought a airtel sim too few weeks back same thing happened with him too automatically hello tune gets activated by airtel on the new SIM and they keep reducing ur balance..

TRAI should really do something about this too as this is a mutli crore fraud...

my friend who is user of airtel, FIGHT every time they activate the hello tune, so far he is successful is getting money back, He also asked them to revert the plan of 10 P calling in friends zone and 10 p sms rate, after he applied for MNP.

So, I had a new connection from Airtel at my new premises, and received the first bill.

One entry caught my attention:

DSL usage charges: Rs. 100

Now when I have unlimited plan (FUPed off course), and have not subscribed to any other service/product of theirs on this account, how come this "DSL Usage Charge".

So I submitted a ticket (no use talking to their support over the phone). Got a response that it was for PC secure that I had subscribed.

I told them that I have never subscribed for PC Secure and even it was for PC Secure, why have they mentioned it as "DSL Usage Charges".

They skipped the wrong description part and replied that they have in record that I have subscribed to PC Secure.

In return I attached the scanned copy (I always keep a copy of documents that I sign) of the form that I filled by my own hands for this connection, and asked them where in that form I have subscribed to PC Secure.

On this they balked and replied that charges have been reversed.

But reversal was of Rs. Rs. 99.27/- and that too as credit in next bill. I raised the question again, where are Rs. 0.73.

No reply yet.

Now if you see, they charged Rs. 100 by fraud, they taxed it too, when caught they reversed only Rs. Rs. 99.27 while keeping Rs. 0.73 and tax amount (since they can show charges were reversed) on Rs. 100.

Can you imagine how many million rupees they are making using such fraudulent practices.

Plus you never know how much they are scamming you out of "Speed on Demand"

i posted the link as an indication of already posted. i linked to her own blog post. he posted about a news story about that blog post.

Another Case of Airtel harassing a customer for fraudulent bill
Article

Why did she pay 2500 if she thinks the bill was wrong , i get the feeling in this case the billing may have been correct

Airtel in a statement said, "We are in direct contact with the customer. We will not be able to share any details.

We would, however, like to confirm there is no billing discrepancy, and all charges levied are as per customer's usage."