[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
the dashboard console is a mess from the terrible photos i saw on some blogs. need to check it out in person.

C

chetan31

relaibility of gadgets and consistency of drive would be a BIG q? in a tempation to make super luxuary features, manufactures like TATA and mahindra tend to subside reliability.

GarfieldDC

Regular
Regulars
Dec 14, 2010
relaibility of gadgets and consistency of drive would be a BIG q? in a tempation to make super luxuary features, manufactures like TATA and mahindra tend to subside reliability.

Reliability will improve. With their acquisition of Sanyong they will be sharing platforms & technology. However the Mahindra brand of vehicles will be the economy range and Sanyong will be the premium range. I would assume Sanyong has contributed to the XUV500. It is a radical departure from the vehicles we have seen from Mahindra so far.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
weird. i thought mahindra had a much better reputation in terms of reliability compared to tata motors!

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
looks great but reliability and handling are two major areas of concern when it comes to Tata and MAhindra both..i have heard stories of new xylos, scorpios and safaris creaking away to glory, having belts breaking in the first week, sensor failures, developing leaks in hoses etc..in short if u dont mind niggling problems then tata and mahindra can be good VFM..for the fans of Mahindra and tata, if any, i might add, that reliability is obviously improving especially with tata having expertise of J and LR..their initial vehicles estate and sierra were basically downsided trucks.. still some ppl loved them

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i have had similar experiences with fiat but then it is considered to be as bad as tata in the indian market. :p

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
yeah they are also serviced by Tata..i dont know why u went for that car..i too considered it but rejected it in favour of a different manufacturer..do u expect a good resale value?