3G scam of 20000 crores coming?! High court questions government!

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 6,247
Yes thats what i was pointing in previous post but it was confusing. Though they are activating new numbers where they dont have license BUT they are not allowing roaming in those area on 3G.

In Gujarat Airtel does not have 3G license.It's OK if Airtel Delhi customer have 3G facility in Gujarat Circle with Roaming agreement. TRAI doesn't oppose this.But this time operator gone far ahead of this Airtel Gujarat offer 3G service to it's Gujarat customer in Gujarat circle where it's not have 3G license. That's main problem and it's fall in Spectrum sharing category rather then roaming category.

Oh , thats another interesting thing. Have anyone here personally experienced 3G roaming ??

Why is everyone sooo much worried about government loosing 20k/whatever amount crores like as if govt is going to do anything with it! They earned around 1 lakh crore from 3G and BWA auctions...what the hell did we get from government? NIL. My city roads are still the same...sucky. But what we got from operators? High priced services.Now i'm a Vodafone 3G customer in Bangalore. And i'm happy with the service and use it extensively. (Vodafone uses Airtel's network to offer 3G services here.) Now if govt goes ahead and cancels the licenses thinking that they are losing 20k crore, i and many other subscribers like me are going to face unnecessary hardships in shifting operators etc.Frankly, and practically, Mobile Operators in India should be shown some kind of sympathy. They have invested HUGE..HUGE amounts of money here to run BUSINESS! They are not NGOs to provide social service! And broadband scenario is already screwed in our country. By charging absurd prices for spectrum, etc..they are only making the matters worse.What i feel is, govt should at least allow them to offer 3G services on mutual agreements till next slot of 3G spectrum is auctioned.

Why is everyone sooo much worried about government loosing 20k/whatever amount crores like as if govt is going to do anything with it! They earned around 1 lakh crore from 3G and BWA auctions...what the hell did we get from government? NIL. My city roads are still the same...sucky. But what we got from operators? High priced services.

Now i'm a Vodafone 3G customer in Bangalore. And i'm happy with the service and use it extensively. (Vodafone uses Airtel's network to offer 3G services here.) Now if govt goes ahead and cancels the licenses thinking that they are losing 20k crore, i and many other subscribers like me are going to face unnecessary hardships in shifting operators etc.

Frankly, and practically, Mobile Operators in India should be shown some kind of sympathy. They have invested HUGE..HUGE amounts of money here to run BUSINESS! They are not NGOs to provide social service! And broadband scenario is already screwed in our country. By charging absurd prices for spectrum, etc..they are only making the matters worse.

What i feel is, govt should at least allow them to offer 3G services on mutual agreements till next slot of 3G spectrum is auctioned.

"They have invested HUGE amounts of money here to run BUSINESS" Does not give them permission to break license agreement.
If Orange UK say that they have agreement with airtel on international roaming and try to sell their connection to Indian residence in India. Just imagine.

Why is everyone sooo much worried about government loosing 20k/whatever amount crores like as if govt is going to do anything with it! They earned around 1 lakh crore from 3G and BWA auctions...what the hell did we get from government? NIL. My city roads are still the same...sucky. But what we got from operators? High priced services.

:beat-up:I am shocked on your viewpoints . You are mixing your sentiments and emotions with Scams and wrong deeds of operators. We are against any wrong deed and this is the reason we are opposing this act of filthy Telcos.

Now i'm a Vodafone 3G customer in Bangalore. And i'm happy with the service and use it extensively. (Vodafone uses Airtel's network to offer 3G services here.) Now if govt goes ahead and cancels the licenses thinking that they are losing 20k crore, i and many other subscribers like me are going to face unnecessary hardships in shifting operators etc.

Simple ... Go for Airtel 3G. You are anyways using Airtel 3G through Virtual Operator Vodafone. Then why not make your life simple and use Airtel directly. For your own ease, you are supporting scams of operators. This is ridiculous.

Frankly, and practically, Mobile Operators in India should be shown some kind of sympathy. They have invested HUGE..HUGE amounts of money here to run BUSINESS! They are not NGOs to provide social service!

You are contradicting your own statements. From where they got this huge money ?? people like me and you have given them such profits. They are not NGO, very true. So no mercy and zero tolerance towards them. They are giving us nothing in charity. We are paying them for their filthy services.

And broadband scenario is already screwed in our country. By charging absurd prices for spectrum, etc..they are only making the matters worse.

What i feel is, govt should at least allow them to offer 3G services on mutual agreements till next slot of 3G spectrum is auctioned.

Absurd pricing :Boy Thumb Down: Are you kidding. Spectrum Pricing are undercharged in India. Operators bribe ministers to get spectrum and starts their operation without having proper infra and we are the one who have to suffer.

:beat-up:I am shocked on your viewpoints . You are mixing your sentiments and emotions with Scams and wrong deeds of operators. We are against any wrong deed and this is the reason we are opposing this act of filthy Telcos.

Simple ... Go for Airtel 3G. You are anyways using Airtel 3G through Virtual Operator Vodafone. Then why not make your life simple and use Airtel directly. For your own ease, you are supporting scams of operators. This is ridiculous.

You are contradicting your own statements. From where they got this huge money ?? people like me and you have given them such profits. They are not NGO, very true. So no mercy and zero tolerance towards them. They are giving us nothing in charity. We are paying them for their filthy services.

Absurd pricing :Boy Thumb Down: Are you kidding. Spectrum Pricing are undercharged in India. Operators bribe ministers to get spectrum and starts their operation without having proper infra and we are the one who have to suffer.

Well said , these ppl having chalta hai attitude.

TRAI,DOT,BSNL are anti customer.Besides the facts mentioned in the above discussion,they are not giving 3G licence to Idea for Punjab region while Idea is there in all states around Punjab.Perhaps in this case also they have their own interests in mind.

Besides the facts mentioned in the above discussion,they are not giving 3G licence to Idea for Punjab region while Idea is there in all states around Punjab.Perhaps in this case also they have their own interests in mind.

But how came ?? Idea had won 3G auction for Punjab. In fact Punjab is having 4 3G Operators : RCOM, Idea, Tata and Aircel.

But how came ?? Idea had won 3G auction for Punjab. In fact Punjab is having 4 3G Operators : RCOM, Idea, Tata and Aircel.

Yes,Idea has won 3G in Punjab but they are not allowing Idea to start 3G here.

They are referring to the takeover of Spice by Idea as the reason,whereas Idea has asked TRAI to provide the solution at the earliest.
This is just a way to delay Idea 3G operations in Punjab.

So far as I know Idea has the best connectivity in Punjab as the erstwhile Spice (which Idea took over) was already operating in Punjab before Idea took over.In fact Spice was considered a Punjab centric mobile provider.

Tata,Reliance,Aircel may be having good signals in the cities but I dont know how good they are in the interiors and rural areas.We need such an operator who has good connectivity in the interiors and villages.

So we are only left with BSNL as even Airtel which has good connectivity in Punjab,has not been given 3G licence here.

OK,I change my quote to "BSNL,DOT,TRAI are anti Punjab customers"

That's really a bad situation there, but you must try Tata, Reliance and Aircel. They must be having good coverage. Let's see if other users came out and post some details regarding network coverage there.

Frankly, and practically, Mobile Operators in India should be shown some kind of sympathy. They have invested HUGE..HUGE amounts of money here to run BUSINESS! They are not NGOs to provide social service! And broadband scenario is already screwed in our country. By charging absurd prices for spectrum, etc..they are only making the matters worse.

Mobile operators shown sympathy? This is business, not some non-profit or social service company. An operator may have invested billions, but they don't have competitors: new players can enter only after 5-6 years through auctions and not immediately. All operators have ample time and lack of competition to recover their investment. Have you seen ANY mobile operator go bankrupt? No! while in other industries like automobile, existing organizations can face competition any time.

The relatively low competition has made cartels. In no industry you'd see alliances like airtel-idea-vodafone.

I don't find the high auction prices payed by telecos very good, but that is the BEST method because it is corruption free. Remember, the first come first serve method followed by the UPA was riddled with corruption resulting in the infamous 2G scam. Even a performance based spectrum awarding won't do any good because the telecos will have to bribe the corrupt politicians to prevent the likes of unitech ( unitech+telenor=uninor) from getting more spectrum by bribing. 😛umpkin:

Frankly, the roaming agreement argument does not make any sense. Do they mean to say that I am roaming in my home circle? I have a Vodafone connection in a state where they have no 3G license. They provide 3G services via the Idea network. So am I a local customer or a roaming customer? Or is it that I am a local customer for voice services but I'm a roaming customer for data services? I'm confused...

About 3G Roaming:

If A is a Delhi Airtel 3G Subscriber and he is travelling in Gujrat . But in Gujrat , Airtel 3G had no license to operate. So to provide A roaming facility, TRAI had allowed Airtel to let its customer latch on Gujrat IDEA/Vodafone 3G (whosoever the operator wish ) , because later had license to operate in Gujrat Circle.

So, as a part of agreement between Airtel and 3G operators in Gujrat, they will make provisioning in their network so that A can enjoy seamless roaming facility.

PS: Its same as 2G Roaming

But what is happening presently:

The 3 Operators, Airtel, Idea and Vodafone had made a mutual agreement and they had started sharing their spectrum in each other licensed circle.

e.g: In Delhi where IDEA had not won 3G license is sharing Airtel/Vodafone spectrum and doing regular activation and sale using the shared spectrum which is clear cut voilation of TRAI spectrum distribution. In other words, they are selling their products and services under brand name of IDEA but network being utilized is of Airtel.