• Thread starter Thread starter mayank1200
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,488
  • Views Views 549,184

mayank1200

ISP
airtel
uoe27hF.webp

is there any other way of updating status on twitter besides logging in to their site and updating frm there?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do it via IM over google talk (just register your account at twitter) and there are a ton of widgets, extensions and third party apps available to do this post to twitter / view twits. I don't use twitter so I cannot recommend any of these.Brian.

Have to find a way to disable this behavior. Does not look like Chrome allows vibration functionality for websites.

Last edited by a moderator:
incoming sms are always free. at least when you are not on roaming. i am not sure about roaming. 😛

I'd like to know if anyone who has succeeded in setting up tweeter on Airtel in Tamilnadu. Please guide me, if you are successful. I've tried nearly 10 times for the past 2 months. Very frustrated. I'm not sure where the problem is. Airtel or Tweeter? Tweeter gives me the confirmation code. When I send it via Airtel, it doesn't reach Tweeter, I believe. I'm not sure about what's going on inbetween. Please help.Thanks in advance.

i hv airtel postpaid connection and if i subscribe to twitter.com, will i get charged for receiving messages frm twitter?

All incoming SMSs from Twitter are completely free.

I'd like to know if anyone who has succeeded in setting up tweeter on Airtel in Tamilnadu. Please guide me, if you are successful. I've tried nearly 10 times for the past 2 months. Very frustrated. I'm not sure where the problem is. Airtel or Tweeter? Tweeter gives me the confirmation code. When I send it via Airtel, it doesn't reach Tweeter, I believe. I'm not sure about what's going on inbetween. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

To what number are you trying to send it? Indian subscribers are expected to SMS their confirmation code/updates to 5566511.

Btw, if any of you guys are on twitter and wish to follow me, then click the link in my siggy! 😉

To what number are you trying to send it? Indian subscribers are expected to SMS their confirmation code/updates to 5566511.

Thanks for your reply iChaitanya. I did send the code to 5566511 as specified in Twitter Devices. It didn't work, though.

Thanks again.

just like report says, just one feature is not going to help much.

i was expecting same that, it is becoming famous and hence ppl signup but then they dont return.

----------

let me give idea to facebook 😀, facebook can have a service/application which automatically changes twitter status when user changes facebook status, then facebook can kill twitter as users wud no more be logging in to twitter 😀

i use the service along with my messenger. my problem is lack of a decent application to use twitter.

tweetdeck is awesome but only manages one account at a time.

seesmic desktop enables me to access multiple accounts but it is confusing compared to tweetdeck.

it's a hassle to have another application open along with pidgin. but it would be fairly complicated for pidgin to integrate twitter functionality inside it.

overall. its a great service for people who know what to do with it! 🙂

Broadband Forum (broadbandforum) on Twitter

----------

there are actually enough third party applications that enables you to update facebook via twitter and vice versa.

the problem is that facebook status updates are different from twitter updates. facebook is much more private compared to twitter.

facebook incidentally has just released an API which enable third party developers to access user streams from facebook. this would enable them to offer twitter like functionality on facebook.

updating twitter status is not a big deal. the problem is getting status alerts. and that cannot be done on the instant messenger window.

look at this image... this is how i manage my twitter account. this image does not even show the columns for direct messages, replies, and other custom options!