Amazon Kindle Fire

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 50,885
reports are pretty strong that Amazon store is opening in india next year. but that is unlikely to change things related to their digital services. it would be awesome if they have something like Amazon Prime in india with international media offerings.

I guess they will launch digital services as well when they launch in India. In fact its easier to launch digital services considering supply chain issues in India. Whats your take??

it was above USD 100 before even for the ad-supported version. and 5 million units would be sold in a matter of weeks if not a month.

mmm. they are talking about the new kindle which is priced at USD 79 for the ad-supported version.

ok so how many versions are there and what all prices do r they coming in 😀

dam long list 😀if anyone is buying here in India from IBF ? 😀 I think I might have got it if I hadn't gt the laptop..

it's not that expensive even if you order through 20north. Amazon i think ships the basic version globally. fire is not on sale in the international market of course.

Last edited:
na fire is obviously better choice as it will be all purpose 🙂and the Fire has flash support too 😀

nope. fire is not your regular purpose tablet pc. it is a broadcasting device for Amazon services. it would be pretty useless if you are not living in USA with access to Amazon's audio and video content. unless of course you are going to use it as a regular android tablet with apps and stuff like that. it does not come loaded with google apps coz it does not run the google approved edition of android os.

i guess it would work just fine in india. Amazon video services would not work. it has limited storage. i think 8GB. the thing is designed to stream content from the web and use local storage only for caching purposes. we would find out how it works out without amazon services once it goes on sale. and is hacked.

A normal browser with flash support is all what is needed considering the price its cming fr 😀.I am not buying it myself though 😛