Suggest an External HD TV Tuner Card !!!

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
I am looking for an External High Definition TV Tuner Card to be used in Laptop. It should be USB. Most economical but with recording feature on Laptop.I searched a lot, found lot of USB Sticks of Pinnacle, Intex and Aver Media, but unable to judge which one is better. Also technically I am blank in it.My requirements are simple. I have to connect my DTH STB to HD TV Tuner Card and view it on Laptop. If devices with recording facility are above 7-8K, then would like to go for Non- Recording ones.So, pls suggest a good one.Thanks in Advance !!!

DO you want HD video on your laptop or SD will do ?

In this regard, I have a query . Wht if HD Channels are watched on SD TV Tuner Card ??

It will be the same as playing a HD channel on the STB and watching it on a non-hd TV monitor. How does it look ? Honestly I dont know. May be someone who has a HD connection with a non-hd TV can answer your question.Coming to your query .. can you provide some links which you might have come across regd the Usb tv tuners ?

Okie, When I watch a 1080p Video on my laptop which does not support such high resolution, Video starts getting hanged and Color Patches starts on the screen. So I guess similar kind of things will happen.So, I would now clarify that I need to watch HD Channels. So HD TV Tuner card is the requirement.

Wt happened guy ?? No expert to suggest !!! 🙁

smone should be using to suggest u 😛

I forgot the names but HD tuners are usually arnd 12000 or more 😛

will tell u more by tmrw 😀

----------

I found this 😛

PrimeDTV PHD-8VX Full HD 1080p HDMI A/V Switcher Digital HDTV Tuner Receiver Media Box

well in $ its less than 12000 😛 but looks like hard to get HD tuners here in India..

----------

Elgato HDHomeRun Network this looks pretty good do even works on mac 😛

There are many with SD capabilities but couldnt find any with HD capturing to laptop via USB. 🙁Can you source through newegg ? Try searching on that site.

u gonna have to get it from outside if u wanna get a HD one 😛

Thanks a lot dude. Hope someone using this Device turn up to answer my queries.

Aver Media is having HD USB, but I am confused if it will serve my purpose.

AVerMedia AVerTV DVI Box 1080i DVI External TV Tuner | eBay

It had DVI Port and works in analog mode. And I have no idea wts this analog mode 🙁

----------

u gonna have to get it from outside if u wanna get a HD one 😛

One quick and best option is Sling Box, but it costs Rs 14400 which is double by financial limit 🙁

analog is those multi color cables I think 😛and its non HD..

But I think its Cable TV bcoz they work on Analog Mode and STBs work on digital and encrypted mode. Its Damm confusing yaar :russian_roulette: