September 27 2011 is here now. Are you still getting any SPAM SMS?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 20,567

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
2 hours have passed by. This is not the usual time to get spammy texts. Today should be interesting.

One thing I don't understand .. Even if we stop DND then also how can we be sent messages?There is a 100 sms limit per day .. So these spammers won't be able to sent much sms in anyway .. isn't it?

hard to say. they can buy 1000 SIM cards and use them to rotate them automatically to send bulk smses? technology should be advance enough to provide enough loopholes. i wonder how they would innovate now that this system is finally enabled.

still would be very difficult to operate such a system .. 100 sms is basically nothing .. lets see wht happens in morning .. I usually get 14-15 sms per day ..

i wonder if it is possible to spoof mobile numbers through some programming that runs on a computer connected to a sms gateway. i have very little information about how bulk texting works. other folks here might have a better point of view. i am pretty sure that we are going to see record number of new mobile subscribers next month. 😛 or maybe the industry would just evolve to something else... spam on whatsapp? 😀

spam on whatsapp -> quite possible! 😕

2 hours have passed by. This is not the usual time to get spammy texts. Today should be interesting.

I got mails from all Websites like Yebhi,Flipkart, Mydala and rest that SMS's will only be sent between 9AM-9PM, that too only if i opt for it. My usual morning is welcomed with a flurry of atleast 5 SMS's and i still haven't received a single one. DND finally works 😀

Bulk SMS are sent using Web Based Interface and works on A2P(Application to Person) protocol.One can use HTTP, XML and SMPP for API Connectivity to the Platform. Sender ID can be masked using these applications. Registered Telemarketers get marketing data from Telcos. They filter DND data and sends promotional bulk sms via using these A2P Softwares. These softwares use multiple SMSCs to control the message traffic load. But Many Non-Registered Telemarketers get data in wrong way and send promotional messages to any random numbers. Because the are not registered telemarketers, hence they do not get data of DND customers from TRAI or Telcos and sent Bulk messages to each and every subscribers. And thats the reason we get spam messages inspite of being active in NCCP Database.

I have received 2 messages from way2sms since morning and 1 from TM-044444
SO its a BIGG FAILLL

This is bcoz you have allowed or given access to way2sms to sent you sms. Whenever you recieve sms from any user 1st time, it asks you if you want to recieve sms from this user or not. That time you won't have denied. and I am sure it won't be a promotional sms, rather a general sms from one of your known one.

This is wht ICICI is saying ...Important Notice: You may experience delays in receiving SMS. In case you are trying to login and do not receive OTP, SMS IBOTP to 5676766 to receive OTP. In case you are trying to add a payee and do not receive URN, SMS URN to 5676766 to receive URN. We regret the inconvenience caused.So I guess one don't need to subscribe to banking smses to get transaction related sms from banks .. They must be working out on some solution cos they r not not asking to activate the banking sms from DND ..

This is bcoz any kind of bulk sms not related to transaction will be allowed only between 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. So, it would be preventive and proactive information from ICICI. I didn't any such kind of message from IDBI and HDFC. Lets wait and watch. Lots of things are still needs to be clarified.