BSNL Broadband is blocking file sharing and other websites once again

dear take my words" INTERNET WAS CREATED FOR FREEDOM AND INTERNET MEANS FREEDOM NONE AGENCY INSIDE OR OUTSIDE(CONSIDERING UFO) THE WORLD HAS THE ABILITY TO PERMANENTLY BLOCK ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET "still if find anything "blocked " then u just dont find a door open

Last edited:
My usage is 200-210 GB PER MONTH(upload and download) with BSNL home 500 plan.
90% traffic is through IPT torrents.
BSNL iS BLOCKING : link-removed
100% sure.

I first thought I was being paranoid but, when I was able to open link-removed through a \"CGI_PROXY\" WAAAH...it opened magically.

TO PEOPLE AT BSNL: PROXY ROCKS:irock:... in ur face as$H0les

hell know!
how could u use so much on home 500 NU?
is it really possible?
i can hardly make 40 gb per month all usage.:huh:

Why Not!on 500NU plan you have unlimited download at night(2AM-8AM) with 2mbps speed.So, lets calculate,2mbps=256KB/sSo, 256*60=15630KB/minute15630*60=921600KB/hour921600*6=5529600KB/night i.e. your night unlimited time [5529600KB = 5400MB = 5.2734375 GB]Then, 30*5.2734375 GB = 158.203125 GB--------Even, I doubt about 200GB download.

I had already posted about how this one time i got blocked from viewing proxy/p0rn sites. I was using opendns then and i had received an IP from some user who had set some limits on it. Result was that i thought BSNL had blocked me. A simple disconnect / reconnect solved the problem. Not this time however.Im removed all third party DNS. Using bsnl dns and still getting blocked. Weird thing is, im not sure what sites are blocked for me. There only a few sites that are opening for me. Google, yahoo sort of famous sites. Though all rest are blocked. IBF is blocked and i've searched for a proxy just to write this message. Most proxy sites are blocked and had to search for sometime to find a proxy site which wasn't blocked. Google search is working and if i click on a search result, im getting a timed out page. Orkut and facebook aren't working.I've disconnect and reconnected dozens of time already. I've tried resetting my modem. I've restarted my PC. I've switched off my PC and waited for 15 min to turn it on again. I've tried various public dns's, nothing is working except proxy. I just cannot figure out who is blocking me? Any suggestions?

i m getting server not found problem on cz.cc domainjust until yesterday 26 sep i was able to access sitesi can't access any site hosted on cz.ccdid bsnl decided to dictate over consumers?white-list cz.cc back plswhats the point of blocking domains in the 1st place?i m able to access site if connected with tata docomo but not with bsnl so its not a issue from my end.

Such free domains are mainly used by malware distributors to spread malware and are facing heat from agencies all over the world. May be that is the reason.

an ISP cannot really block all the domains on a particular domain type just because that domain type is known to host malware content.

Don't know. But as you remember, many ISPs did block all major file sharing sites just because some of their customers host pirated content. As far as I know, none of them faced any legal issues. So may be legally, they can block any services they seem unfit. But in this case as essbebe mentioned, it seems the DNS is the culprit.