BSNL Blocked cz.cc Domain

bsnlboy

[OP]
Jul 24, 2011
i m getting server not found problem on cz.cc domainjust until yesterday 26 sep i was able to access sitesi can't access any site hosted on cz.ccdid bsnl decided to dictate over consumers?white-list cz.cc back plswhats the point of blocking domains in the 1st place?i m able to access site if connected with tata docomo but not with bsnl so its not a issue from my end.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Regulars
Apr 15, 2009
Such free domains are mainly used by malware distributors to spread malware and are facing heat from agencies all over the world. May be that is the reason.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
an ISP cannot really block all the domains on a particular domain type just because that domain type is known to host malware content.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Regulars
Apr 15, 2009
Don't know. But as you remember, many ISPs did block all major file sharing sites just because some of their customers host pirated content. As far as I know, none of them faced any legal issues. So may be legally, they can block any services they seem unfit. But in this case as essbebe mentioned, it seems the DNS is the culprit.

netcrazzy

Jan 18, 2010
same is the case with btjunkie.orgit isn't opening at my end.. its been blocked on bsnl i guess..