Alerts from service providers related to National Do Not Call Registry

mehrotra.akash

Regular
ISP
I-ON(Dvois)/Airtel+IPTV/Photon+
Earlier, you could receive SMS'es from companies you do business with.Now, you need to unblock the categories, so if I want to get Ticket SMS'es from makemytrip, I need to allow all travel messages,If I want messages from flipkart, I need to unblock the entire products and goods category, etc...

Dear Customer,

As per the revised guidelines of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), mobile / telephone users registered in DND category will not get any promotional SMS/calls unless they register their preferred category of receiving these. Accordingly, from 27-SEP-2011, you will not be able to receive SMS/calls pertaining to our services if your number is in DND.

And if you wish to continue to receive SMS /calls for promotional offers from MakeMyTrip, please register the category 'Tourism and Leisure' as your preference with your telephone/ mobile service provider. For registering this preference, all you need to do is:

Simply SMS 'START 7' and send it to 1909 (Toll Free) or
Call 1909 (Toll Free) from your registered phone number and follow the IVR process, or
Visit your telephone / mobile service provider's website to register your preference.
We'll however continue sending regular emails to help you keep abreast with our latest offerings.

Regards,
MakeMyTrip

Yeah got the same email from flipkart. Their code is 5. This is stupid. If I want to receive smses from them, I'll have to tolerate messages from all vendors in that area.

well hope after 27th it kills the current nuisance though most spammers are any how frm property dealers so just keep tht actvated

Exactly. I have to subscribe to IT related group to get Google Calendar Events.Logic shud be marketing SMS should not be allowed. But SMS related to services I am using shud be allowed (even if my prefs do not allow marketing SMS from same industry)

right. i hope all of these service providers at least keep us updated through email. sms are of course more useful for travel related services because you are on the move. but majority of the companies can easily switch to email based updates (for folks like us).

Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that as per TRAI’s new regulation you will not be receiving our SMS or calling services from 27th September 2011 onwards for the following:

Billing and Payment
Dispatch and Delivery

Although, our delivery partners will be able to SMS/Call you for any enquiry.

To avail Letsbuy’s undisputed and hassle free services, subscribe to our alert services NOW! Just SMS “START 6” to 1909. On sending this code your SMS/Calling services will be activated and you will be able to avail our services again. You will receive all the information and alerts regarding order update, shipping, deals, discounts, delivery, billing, payments, special offers and more.

If you receive this email in spam, please mark it as ‘NOT SPAM’ to receive all the other emails from Letsbuy in your inbox.

Please Note:Above mentioned code will also allow other service providers from Communication/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT companies to send SMSes to you.

For further information you can write to us at customercare@letsbuy.com or you can call us on 011-40808888.

Stay Connected, Stay Informed!

Team Letsbuy

----------

man. 2 hours and now i am getting the emails. 😀

i guess all of these services would have detailed procedure to turn on sms alerts from their category on the order pages.

i hope that you can turn on/off these services multiple times in a month and the process is instantaneous?

they just needed to make provisions for whitelisting of individual numbers. i guess the telecom companies managed to convince them that such a system would have increased their cost 10 times thus making it hard to implement without charging the customers extra for it.

I am getting tones of such sms to de-register from DND.I am not sure if this will affect SMS subscription we intended to get like from banks.Also as others stated , DO NOT DE-REGISTER from DND just because you see a offer or some company says so. to register again it will take 45 days or even more.

This classification is nothing new. It was defined a year back, but due to long pending NDNC new rule, it was not implemented by all operator. I had gt similar kind of massages some 7-8 months back.

----------

For Quick Reference :

this system was earlier supposed to be implemented in february this year from what i remember. there have been multiple delays. the entire process has been similar to implementation of mobile number portability and 3G. looks like tomorrow is going to be the day it would finally get implemented.

Basically, punish the good (order confirmation SMS) with the bad(spam)Guess I will have to do START 1 for getting ICICI transaction alerts and login passwordsAtleast they should have separated calls and SMS'es, so I could have blocked all calls, allowed SMS, and done whitelisting on my own phone

[TABLE="width: 650"]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Important: TRAI Regulations’ Impact[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"][TABLE="width: 650"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 326"]To: Priyank Piyush,[/TD]
[TD="width: 324, align: right"]26 Sep 2011[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]This is with reference to the regulations released by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on Unsolicited Commercial Communications (UCC).[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]The Impact:[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]

[*]Going forward, SMSes will be categorized as: Transactional and Non transactional.
[*]Organizations will be able to send SMS only to those customers who have not registered their mobile numbers in the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC).
[*]As a customer you have the option to selectively enable/disable NDNC preferences for industry categories like Banking & Finance, Consumer Goods, Automobiles etc.
[/list][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]These regulations will be effective from 27th September 2011. To view the full list of regulations introduced by TRAI click here.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Next Steps:[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]To continue receiving communications from MOSL regarding New Product Launches, Special Offers and other updates, you are required to follow 2 simple steps:[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Step 1: Click here, and give your consent to continue receiving important communications from MOSL[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Step 2: De-register yourself from the NDNC status (if you are NDNC registered) through your service provider.
Click here to know how to de-register from NDNC)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Please Note: Even if you send us your consent and do not de-register from NDNC, MOSL will not be able to send you any communication by SMS.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Happy Investing!
Team MOSL[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

----------

Both the links are dead!