Formula-1 News and Updates

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Michael Schumacher is starting from second spot to what can be his title winning race of the season. He just need to score 2 points more than Rubens Barrichello. And by god if he gets that (even without winning the 13th race of the season), it would be tremendous achievement. 5th Title in a row... And that too with such a dominating season...

A shufoso like me needs no more! Though I won't mind 2-3 more titles... 😀

Get that 7th Championship!

sit down schumacher, sit down, LOL. :lol😀on't bore me by winning yet another champion-ship. You make racing very dull to watch. You've made it too predictable......

go complain to those engineers at McLaren and Williams to start working harder. 🙂

In a recent interview on BBC Max Mosely said that it's their job is to make sure that the best driver in Formula-1 does not end up in the best car but they have failed to do that in the recent few years!F1 has seen more changes from FIA in recent times to make other teams competitive but it's the display of the near perfection performance that Ferrari has achieved that they still keep on winning. Every sport has seen the domination of 1 team at some time or the other, and this is just another example. Racing is not only just abt the number 1 spot. F1 is still lot of fun looking at the race of the best of the rest. BAR and Renault are more competitive than ever, this gives a hint that good times are ahead. This is a better situation than 2-3 years ago when only McLaren or Ferrari were the 2 teams that used to win. Ferrari domination won't last for ever, in fact I doubt it will last for another 2-3 years. But still then it's the other teams who have to come up with interesting ideas and strategies to compete with Ferrari and Michael Schumacher.F1 is not a dying sport; in fact it's more diverse than ever. Asian countries are getting races. An Asian was on the podium this year. Japanese teams Toyota and Honda are giving European teams a run for their money. The sport has globalized which is good in the long run. Just that a team is dominating has and will never damage the sport or make it boring. It just makes other teams to work harder. Harder to catch up and turns around the table.

Michael Schumacher won the 7th World Championship. 5th for the Ferrari team… With 12 wins out of 14 in the season. Amazing achievement!

They waited for all this time to find someway past the Contracts Recognition Board but could not. So, they finally submitted the Button’s contact with the CRB for letting them decide who has got the valid contract for the year 2005: BMW Williams or BAR Honda. This will finally decide which car Jenson drives next year.

Lately we see our indian friend "SERRNIVASAN" trying to show off his skills and knowledge about Formula 1 on ESPN-STAR soprts broadcast of FORMULA 1.However i have to say that and alot of ppl may agree with me that he is a pathetic commentator, and why the **** do thay have to bring up a southindian commentator, just because an Indian reached F1 does not mean that these guys should tamilize the commentry on the Channel ,apparently this A-hole just knows Michael Shumacher this... Michael Schumacher.. that.....Dissapointing.... blah blah crap.Its really not worth watching a tamil commentator commenting something which he learnt 5 days back, I hope so that there would be similar people finding boring to watch f1 with a tamil commenator.

it is to attract more viewers from tamil nadu. it is a good move but they shuld get a good tamil F1 speaker. its just a mercy commentary coz they havent found any good tamil commentator. but no probs here ...we get awesome english commentary.

Agreed the commentry in english is AweSOme and perhaps one of the best, but wht The **** does my cable operator put us on the tamil stuff..Damn the opeartor!!

For about 10 min, my cable operator(or incable) put the tamil broadcast. I was so ready to break my cable operator's, incable, espnstar's legs. Fortunately, after 10 min it all went back to normal. Seriously, I pity those who had to listen to that shitty commentary throughout the race. I don't care where you live in In, formula1 should be broadcast in english only.

heh. that happened around the world i guess. 🙂 i was furious as well... just as the race was about to start, it got into english... thank god for small mercies. 😉

I noticed that although there being fans of F1, there seems to be no thread dedicated to the sport. Lets use this thread to post comments about about the weeks F1 race, comments , nags and anything related to F1 here

Grand Prix de Monaco Monaco 19 - 21 - 22 May Creation date : 1950First F1 Grand Prix : 21 May 1950Grand Prix held : 51Spectator capacity : around 120000 Track Length : 3.340 kmNumber of laps : 78 (260.520 Km)Number of corners : 16 (left: 6) (right: 10)Top Speed : 305 Km/h who do you think will perform better on this track ??

FI DRIVER PENALTIESStewards have the power to impose various penalties on a driver if he commits an offence during a race. Offences may include jumping the start, causing an avoidable accident, unfairly blocking another driver, impeding another driver when being lapped, speeding in the pit lane etc.The two most common types are the drive-through penalty and the ten-second time penalty. In the case of the former, the driver must enter the pits, drive through the pit lane at the pit-lane speed limit and rejoin the race without stopping. Depending on the length of the pit lane this can cost a driver a significant amount of time.More severe is the ten-second time penalty (also commonly known as a stop-go penalty) where the driver must not only enter the pits, but must also stop for ten seconds at his pit before rejoining the race. During this time the driver’s team are not permitted to work on the car.In extreme cases the stewards may choose to enforce a third type of penalty whereby they can force a driver to drop ten grid positions at the next Grand Prix. So even if the driver in question goes on to qualify in pole position, he will in fact start that race from 11th place.In the case of the drive-through penalty and the ten-second time penalty, a driver has three laps, from the time his team is notified, to enter the pits (failure to do so may result in a black flag and the driver being excluded from the race).The only exception is when the penalty is awarded during the final five laps of the race. In this case the driver may continue and complete the race. However, 25 seconds will be added to his total race time, which may drop him considerably in the final race standings.