New Recharge Dhamaka Offer by Videocon d2h

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
As per my calculation done, offer sounds like this:

One need to call on 08860160000 . An IVR is playing regarding the offer. If someone needs more information, he needs to press 1 after the massage and d2h executives will call you back.

Actually, I was not at all impressed with the above Add, We cant just get into a commitment by paying in advance in return we dont know what we are going to get. There is no promise/commitment from D2H and if they remove any HD Channels we will end up in a huge loss.

I think some crap minded is designing the offer.why id the denomination in paise also like 3970.8what if somebody recharge with 3970 or 3971 ? they should have made it round figure.they should have given the same proportionate benefit for 3 months recharge also, that may have generated more revenue bcoz no body wants to commits for 1-2 yr.

I too don't find any good abt these offers. Only Bi-Annual is attractive, but require huge investment with greater risk. So better go with half-yearly or annual only. Hey, but I had a query. If I am not wrong, we can change our packages anytime. So, if new package is introduced we can change the package .Wt say guys ?

I think u might be right. But all i wanted was - commitment that they wud add channels to Platinum HD pack without additional charges!

Ok, i had replied in strong words to their previous email which i quoted yesterday.

And today i got a call from Noida Office, saying the same thing. She said that "We have forwarded ur complaint to the higher officials & have taken note of your feedback." And what a tragedy that today Dad had gone out & he bought the recharge for 1 year of Platinum HD pack, even before i cud communicate! 🙁

Now i think tomorrow, i shud better activate that pack, now that it has been paid for.

EDIT: Here is the 2nd email i got from them after the call finished:

Further to our discussion, we value your feedback and suggestions on Videocon d2h services. Please note that we have taken a note of your feedback for future consideration and shall notify to all our customers once any changes are implemented. It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects of our services. Strong customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we appreciate the time you took to write to us.

@ Mascot......Yeah. But i am waiting for 12 midnight.......already half of the day was passed when i got the sms of recharge. So now, if i activate it after 12, i can enjoy more hours of tomorrow.@ gopichandpai.......Yes, thats what i have written to them. And they said "We have forwarded ur issue to the higher management for consideration." Now how much truth is there in this, will only be known some time later.

I always prefer to recharge monthly or maximum for 3 months...because lot of comepetion in DTH market and what paying for future might not be there...I have learnt the lesson when I recharged 1 year for my dish DTH (moth pathetic customer service DTH).

But, in the long run, i wud again say u shud stick with ur DTH. It does save on ur STB & installation costs. Plus when u buy yearly packs with them, ultimately u do benefit from it!I just have this 1 complaint that if the customer is committing to ur service for such long periods, with the maximum pack, then u shud be in a position to assure him that new channels wud be added without any extra cost.

I just now got Platinum HD activated. But that guy said "Ur request will be completed by 26th September 9:30 AM"!!That means i will not be able to see the channels on Sunday. Which also means, that it goes to next weekend! 🙁

jaymin, you didn't purchased the annual pack online??and also the activation is instantaneous across the dth's. if the pack is activated,then instantly one can view the channels. i had once bought an add-on channel online for dish tv,in seconds it was available on tv.

at the time of buying the new connection,there was a offer of rs 400 cashback. which they credited in 3 weeks,after writing a mail. then suddenly in 2 days,those rs 400 vanished into thin air. now again have to write the mail.so more the reason,not to opt for any quarterly,half-yearly or yearly offers. coz then you have to constantly login to check the balance now and then and another headache to keep counting the remaining balance after x days

jaymin, you didn't purchased the annual pack online??

and also the activation is instantaneous across the dth's. if the pack is activated,then instantly one can view the channels. i had once bought an add-on channel online for dish tv,in seconds it was available on tv.

No, it wasnt bought online. It was bought from a dealer. And about activation, the CC guy told that any Add-on gets activated instantly. But a package change takes time. now we have to believe in this for 1 reason.
That reason is: I am going from a smaller pack to a higher pack. That means its more profitable for them. But still, they say that it will take time, so there wud be some technicalities involved, due to which they arent able to execute something favorable for themselves!

at the time of buying the new connection,there was a offer of rs 400 cashback. which they credited in 3 weeks,after writing a mail. then suddenly in 2 days,those rs 400 vanished into thin air. now again have to write the mail.

so more the reason,not to opt for any quarterly,half-yearly or yearly offers. coz then you have to constantly login to check the balance now and then and another headache to keep counting the remaining balance after x days

About this.......i think u can do 1 simple thing - use their sms service to check ur balance. So u have OFFICIAL RECORD from their end, with U. The moment u find the balance is different, u can lodge ur complaint.

Each time i buy an addon or remove it, or change my pack, all i do is have 1 sms from them to have the revised expiry date. Thereafter, i keep it checking once every month. And when i do that, i just have to match the Due Dates. Why bother about the balances, when they are simplifying it for me?