limited plan with limited speed

• Thread starter Thread starter WebKing
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 957

WebKing

ISP
BSNL, TATA, RELIANCE
This is really weird ! Do you think it's beneficial for Internet Service Providers to limit the speed on limited plan connections?for eq. 1 gb limited plan with 256 kbps connection !

most limited plans are 2mbps now

It's a stupid idea to limit both speed & data. One or other, not both. I'd like to see ISPs offer "line speed" on data plans.

ya, but 1gb is still stupid.

1GB does suit some people - the ones who check their email once a week and so on. But as a plan for normal users it's definitely not suitable. If I may toot my own horn for a moment, I think even our lite plans are some of the more sane ones and would be feasible at pretty decent prices similar to what we're offering on the existing networks - simply remove this 2 or 4mbit/s cap and just un-limit it to be whatever the hardware will do: it won't cost anyone any more money and it will vastly improve everyone's experience.

So long as they don't charge Rs500/GB or whatever then even those few who might go over the limit by 1 or 2GB won't find themselves shelling out stupid sums of money when the bill arrives - spend a few rupees on user education and suggest a plan change (to a higher tier or to unlimited) because this charging exorbitant rates for over-use isn't working: people who get that kind of bill just shut the net off and don't venture near it again until the shock has gone away.