Hathway Digital Channel List

• Thread starter Thread starter pramod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 206
  • Views Views 56,191
has HATHWAY switched off normal cable broadcast signals in some buildings of THAKUR VILLAGE - KANDIVALI EAST. pls confirm this

Why would Hathway remove certain channels to add new ones? In case of DTH operators I understand its because they are running out of transponders on satellites etc. . . . . . but incase of Hathway it doesn't make sense; they don't use satellites to broadcast, they have their age old rusty wires. Or maybe there is a good reason and am just unaware. And idea guys?
What is concerning me now is, do they have any capacity/bandwidth to add more HD channels? Is that the reason for non addition of more HD channels? They started HD services in November. It is more than 3 months and there is no new HD channel.

Removal of one SD channel to add other makes me worried that we may not see more HD channels on hathway.

----------

There was UTV stars HD earlier when they launched HD services. They removed UTV starts and added Discovery. Removal of one channel to add one more has happened for HD too.

I dont think there can b such issues with cable services. Atleast not this early.

I hope so. The problem I am seeing is, whenever they are adding any new channel, there are removing a channel. This makes me believe that they too have bandwidth issues.

has HATHWAY switched off normal cable broadcast signals in some buildings of THAKUR VILLAGE - KANDIVALI EAST. pls confirm this

I am staying in Thakur Complex, Kandivali (E) - Mumbai. I am getting normal cable channels.

I am staying in Thakur Complex, Kandivali (E) - Mumbai. I am getting normal cable channels.

do u have any friends or relatives at thakur village. can u confirm from them.

or any one from hathway here - please check if the local cable operators are switching off normal cable services before the june 2012 deadline

Deadline is June 2012. That means they have to switch off all the analogue signals by June 2012. What it means is there shouldn't be any analogue signals from July 2012. So they will slowly switch off analogue signals one by one so that it is completed by June 2012. Don't mistake it for switching off signals after June 2012.

i spoke to the hathway people at thakur village - they said they have started switching off normal cable signals and changing to digital mode in phases.

Spoke to hathway helpline in Mumbai. Customer care executive said it may be 3 to 4 more months before we can see new HD channels. He said something like because they have Ten HD, there seems to be some problem with agreement with star HD channels. I didn't understand the logic though.

Yes I agree. I have asked for refund. Lets see what happens. I am pretty much sure now that they have bandwidth problems.The problem with going with DTH is internal wiring and everything is uncertain over there as well.

Comedy central is added on channel number 53
Big Spark, Neo cricket and Neo Sports are removed.

^^^^

There is something known as costs, and benefits and the net result of it??

Yea . . . I don't think that's quite the reason. Gopichandpai mentioned above that Neo Sports and Neo Cricket have been removed. I still get both channels(Dont get Big Sprak though). So Hathway still has the rights to broadcast the channel. If the cost was an issue they would have terminated the rights.

Am not sure what Hathway is upto. They do seem to have a geographically selective model of channel broadcast. While most people on Hathway HD are getting either Discovery HD or UTV Stars HD, I am getting both, plus the 2 Trace HD channels.

There is only one thing I can attribute this to. Quality of cabling in different areas by the original cablewallas.

The only reason I conclude this is based on my experience of shifting my Airtel HD box into my room. I got the A La Carte Pack with only HD channels subscribed for about 200 a month. And as it turns out the HD channles would not display in my room. The engineer came over and checked with his card which had all channels activated. All the SD channels worked fine. The HD ones would come up with a blank screen. No error code nothing. In the diagnostics menu, he showed my that while viewing a SD channel the signal quality was fine. Switch to a HD and the Signal Quality bar would bounce up and down like a crazy ball. He said it my be due to the internal wiring that comes to my room. At this point I should mention that the Airtel Dish wire comes upto my main door. From then on, its all internal wiring that goes to my hall and my room. HD works fine on the same box in the hall. Room has an issue which can only be attributable to poor quality of wiring and the amount of bandwidth it can carry. Currently I am subscribed to a couple of SD channels and EPSN HD and Ten HD on my Airtel and these 2 HD channels work fine in my room. When all HD were activated none would come.

But then again this is just an educated guess. Am hoping the Hathway guys on this forum can shed more light on this and provide more info about future availability of additional HD channels.

Hathway person is not replying any more in this forum. Not only this forum, even the emails which I sent to hathway helpline I didn't get any reply.

I have asked for refund. Lets see what happens.
Cable operator said, there is no refund policy L (I expected it). He said, if any customer is going for a HD connection, then he will try to give my HD box to the customer.