IIM student Commits Suicide on BF dumping on FB

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 110
  • Views Views 13,334
really sad to see someone at such an advantageous position(millions dream of iim) to waste one's life.

Even me too if not regular then something like Executive MBA. 😉

Guys u got to understand one thing. Getting into IIM is not the only thing one does to ensure a bright life ahead. Each decision that you make later in life will contribute trickle by trickle into making the good life all of us dream of. I know many of my batchmates who went into jobs at PSUs (ONGC,IOCL) who envy us at every stage since we are doing comparatively well on the financial count. As I see it, there are two things that stand ensured after attending a top-notch school in any discipline:a. Peer Group - This i believe is the best takeaway from good colleges. Since the competition to get in is so tough, only the polished ones come through. They dont need no education as such to shine. So the level per se is high overall. That leads to healthy competition(not only grades but other routine stuff too). Conversely, this might lead to some people who do not do well(as in my case academically) to become reclusive. But driven to suicide is something that is completely unthinkable, however much one attributes reasons. If you are a diamond, you ought to be tough right? Not to say it is easy to not think of ending it all. No. I myself had a phase where I slumped into complete suicidal thinking. But it was never possible for me as my folks' images used to continuously flashed in front of me whenever I even remotely tried. You ought to be mentally tough.b. A fairly successful future: Since a fairly secured future is assured out of a good school, I reiterate that there is absolutely no reason to end life. I mean at this stage, what have you seen? Life is a chain of problems, happiness, miseries, achievements. You shouldnt quit the game. Laugh stuff off and continue on the treacherous path. There will be rosy times too. And once you see rosy days, these should be with you when the next lot of troubles set in.Am I missing something here or is it just so simple to hang from a ceiling fan and cause the biggest misery to your loved ones. You folks choose.

Even in the worst scenario, Suicide is never a solution. Suppose take example of this gal, if that gal was dumped by his bf, then only few people who would be knowing her can make her feel embarassed, but now bcoz of her deed, all India is knowing abt her family. Now whole family of her would be embarassed of her deed.Instead if she would have commented " fcuk off " below his bf comment, then that wud have not only give her relaxation and his ex-bf wud have become the butcher's lamb.

rightly said. no matter what happens or however big a reason maybe. SUICIDE IS NEVER A SOLUTION/OPTION. daily nowadays i see in the newspapers reports of teenagers committing suicide due to petty issues like being scolded by a parent, scoring 60/70 %, not getting enough pocket money. i think what's wrong with this generation. life is pretty brutal once they come out of studies and start earning---->raising family-----so on.one has to be mentally strong,no matter whatever situation life throws at you. and i have been through really really brutal situations,the only way i got through all was being mentally strong

yeah and the poor chap who wrote that comment finds himself landing 306. Shit. His independence is pretty much over now.

yeah and the poor chap who wrote that inhuman comment finds himself landing 306. Shit. His independence is pretty much over now.

Whats 306?

IPC Section 306. He faces a maximum of 10years in prison for abetting the suicide.

That... does not make sense

Hope they dont apply it for this case..

well that chap is not guilty free. 1. he should not have posted publicly for the whole world to see,something very private 2. he should have taken into a/c the emotional sensitivity of the girl. how she would react to the situation.3. being her bf,he knew the girl emotionally and the harm his "public" actions would cause to her phyche. i think,he did it on purpose to hurt her