Facebook not opening with D link router and modem

• Thread starter Thread starter mukulalon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,085

mukulalon

ISP
Bsnl
Hi,I am using D-Link Dsl 2520u modem and dlink DI-524 router alond with that in my BSNL broadband connection...I am not being able to access facebook on one of my windows pc and macbook,it displays..waiting for facebook at the bottom of the page..and after that error in loading....on rest of the pc or laptops its works fine..rest every site is working fine too...i tried pinging facebook.com in command prompt and it gets the reply...but then in browser its not opening...another thing...if i install any new browser for the first time facebook will run in it...like if i reset safari everytime it opens and login happens but as soon as i click on any notification or message...it stops working again....my modem has one direct lan port and if i connect tht pc and lappy directly frm tht port..facebook works fine..PLEASE PLEASE HELP..I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING...RESETTING...FORMATTING...CHANGING THE MTU..NOTHING WORKS.

routers can stop FB access too 😛 I thought thats only limited to work software 😛try resetting ur router...does nt look like a router problem but try it...and before that clear all ur temp files from the browser and the cookies too..

thnx for replying...As i already wrote...i already tried all tht....resetting my router and modem both...many times and clearing my private data,temp files,cookies n all...its works for the first time after clearing the private data...just for the login..after the login it stops working again 🙁

hmm..can u borrow any of ur friends router...or something and try it out...doesnt seem like a router issue..and ur saying this problem is only with fb no other website...so thats just weird.. have changed any kind of settings on ur fb account ?

yea i tried it with other modem cum router....and it works fine...in every laptop and pc....and yes sometimes yahoo mail also dosent work...hangs in between and no i hvnt changed any settings n my fb....if i change the router or use my laptop with some other connection....it works completely fine.

dam router blocking fb..let me see if I can help you out will take sm time though.do u have any kind of blocking software installed on ur PC or does ur router has any kind of blocking software in it..

not in my knowledge..i mean i do have some knowledge about networking stuff but this kind of thing is happening with me for the first time...and i have tried everything i kw....nothing is working...thanx fr the help. 🙂

hey mate..i tried changing the MTU of my pc yesterday night but it didnt helped...so right nw i changed the MTU in my router from 1500 to 1450 and it worked...workin totally fine on macbook n pc both...i cnt thnk u enough man...THNX A LOT LOT LOT...u dnt kw hw much i ws pissed off coz of this and hw much i had tried rectifying this much..i owe u dude..thnx a lottt agn 🙂