Can foreign citizen buy Tata Sky package?

• Thread starter Thread starter ForeignGuy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 9,363
:rofl:

I dont think RVs are very popular in India 😛

Lol. I said that because Dish and Airtel claim that they can install it in cars and buses. They wont be having any address. So problem solved. 😀

Lol. I said that because Dish and Airtel claim that they can install it in cars and buses. They wont be having any address. So problem solved. 😀

But those are owned by people or companies with an address in India.

Rogorxar... Misamarti indoetis sachiro ikneba rata gamoitserot Tata Sky/Reliance/Airtel/skhva, magram rogorts aghinishna, es ar aris samartlebrivi. Rusetis operatorebis chveulebriv etershi tsels mezobel kveqnebshi maints, radgan isini qvela "qopili sabchota kavshiris" (დსთ) sakhelmtsipoebtan romelits erti mizezi tkven ar ikneboda, rogorts bevri problema shedzenisas rusuli samsakhuristvis. Ra tkma unda, me aseve chans piratul pilmebi etershi kartuli telesivrtseshi! Romel kveqanashi khart samkhret kavkasiashi? Sakhartveloshi? Somkheti, Azerbaijani, Ruseti?

Privet... Adres v Indii nyeobhodimo budet podpisatsya na TataSky/Reliance/Airtel/итд, no, kak uzhe govorilos, eto ne sovsem zakonno. Rossiya operatory obychno transliruyutsya v sosednie strany v lyubom sluchae, tak kak vse oni "byvshih sovetski" (СНГ) utverzhdaet, chto yavlyaetsya odnoi prichine vas ne bylo by stolko problem pokupkarusskuyu sluzhbu. Konechno, ya takzhe videl piratskih filmov efire gruzinskogo televideniya! Kakaya strana na yuzhnom kavkaze vy otkuda? Gruziya? Armeniya, Azerbaidzhan, Rossiya?

Off topic, but you know Georgian? That sure doesn't look like a google translation 🙂

I find the script fascinating.

Off topic, but you know Georgian? That sure doesn't look like a google translation 🙂

I find the script fascinating.

[Offtopic]To keep the story very very short, yes, reasonably well but not perfect, similarly with a bunch of other langauges. In that respect I'm a jack of all trades, master of none.

Hayai's payment kiosks will probably be manufactured in Georgia (they're built to withstand some pretty horrific conditions, including but not limited to gunfire).[/offtopic]

To keep the story very very short, yes, reasonably well but not perfect, similarly with a bunch of other langauges. In that respect I'm a jack of all trades, master of none

I think being a jack of all trades in this regard can be much more advantageous than just being a master in one language. It must be opening doors for you where none exist for others.

Btw, how come you chose to have your payment kiosks made in Georgia?

Axuet, akac qartvelebi to? 😀Yes I'm from Georgia 🙂About the install trick, what if I order installation to hotel address, but when install crew arrives, reward them with some cash, dish and LNB, so I can take receiver and card with me? or activation is done over the air?

I think being a jack of all trades in this regard can be much more advantageous than just being a master in one language. It must be opening doors for you where none exist for others.

Btw, how come you chose to have your payment kiosks made in Georgia?

I was there at the time when I had the idea for getting them done, while I was coming up with ways for people to pay for Hayai services.

A neighbour in Georgia put me in touch with a company who makes the kiosks for, as it turns out, companies all through the CIS - they're all over the place in Georgia, Ukraine and Russia (those being the places I've spent most time in, I didn't spend enough time in Bulgaria or Romania to notice), and they're used for paying everything from Electricity, Phone & Internet bills to buying credit for certain websites (even Skype) and all sorts of other things, and they're connected to payment servers via the cellular networks so the payments are instantaneous. They're actually pretty cool machines.

Despite the fact that we're in India and the popularity of cheques, I don't like cheques, so I am discouraging cheque payments as much as possible, and preferring electronic methods or cash (with electronic receipts), all with instant-payment-notification so that both customers and Hayai can verify the payment has been successful.

But that's all detailed in our own threads. Let's get back to Tata Sky.

----------

Axuet, akac qartvelebi to? 😀

Yes I'm from Georgia 🙂

About the install trick, what if I order installation to hotel address, but when install crew arrives, reward them with some cash, dish and LNB, so I can take receiver and card with me? or activation is done over the air?

Me ar var kartveli. Me var akhali zelandia.

You might be best to buy the receiver by itself (no install) and have it activated somehow - or get a local to buy it on your behalf. This is only my best guess, maybe a TataSky customer or representative can confirm whether anything like this is even possible.

Hehehe, I have to notice, you speak very refined Georgian. Alltrough you mess up sometimes "me" and "I'm", you Georgian is more "classical" than modern piggeorgian, used for online comms.Regarding these boxes, as you mentioned Russia and Ukraine, seems that you've hooked up with OSMP - Obshaia Sistema Momentalnix Platejei. There are other companies of same profile in Georgia, so you may check them also - maybe they offer better products. This kiosk consists of plain Pentium 4 PC, with money receiving device, GSM modem and touchscreen. They generally run windows XP, so sometimes it's possible to see "Genuine Advantage Notification" or other unpleasant things 🙂

Hehehe, I have to notice, you speak very refined Georgian. Alltrough you mess up sometimes "me" and "I'm", you Georgian is more "classical" than modern piggeorgian, used for online comms.

I learned in a very religious household. We used to have the church "Father" around at least once a week.

Regarding these boxes, as you mentioned Russia and Ukraine, seems that you've hooked up with OSMP - Obshaia Sistema Momentalnix Platejei. There are other companies of same profile in Georgia, so you may check them also - maybe they offer better products. This kiosk consists of plain Pentium 4 PC, with money receiving device, GSM modem and touchscreen. They generally run windows XP, so sometimes it's possible to see "Genuine Advantage Notification" or other unpleasant things 🙂

No, Nova Technologies (or something) I think was the company name. Those notifications would be as normal in India as they are in Georgia (not that I advocate running pirated Windows) 😉

Yes, Nova Technologies are the current leader on the market - most boxes belong to them. But, there are some other service providers, who's boxes can do more - send and receive money, via western union like system and much more.

Yes, Nova Technologies are the current leader on the market - most boxes belong to them. But, there are some other service providers, who's boxes can do more - send and receive money, via western union like system and much more.

Funds transmission in that respect I think is too heavily regulated in India, especially where foreigners are involved as the head of the company, so I don't think that kind of thing is needed for us.

Unless a third-party wants to obtain the requisite licenses and have a multi-function, multi-operator kiosk capable of all these things as you do in CIS countries, in which case, we wouldn't need to operate our own (which would be nice in some respects).

Ok, thanks everyone. So, I need to bribe installers. How do you think, what sum of money should I start with?

500 bucks should be more than enough I would say. You should start smaller. 200 bucks 😀

----------

man this is so wrong. 🙁 we are talking about bribes when we just had such a long thread on anna.

500 bucks should be more than enough I would say. You should start smaller. 200 bucks 😀

By which you mean rupees, not dollars 😉

of course. 😕 500 bucks would be more than enough for them to activate your card for you and recharge it for a year long term.