• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,928

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi Friends, We are a group of friends all graduates want to take the RHCE certification exam. We have visited a few well known training institues in Pune and would like to know where the online exam centres are located in India for Red Hat exams? Someone told me about Prometric but on this site, there are hardly any course mentioned or centres listed for India, can you please help? I have also heard that now the RHCE certification is called the RHCSA which consists of 3 exams namely RH124, RH135, RH255. Previously. these exams were known as RH033, RH133 and RH253. That is all I know. I have a few questions if you can help me find anwsers to them, it would be very nice of you indeed. 1. Is Red Hat certification absolutely must for a job? Can't one just find a job without having one? If I only take a course at a repuated training institute and get a certificate which they call a participation certificate, can I still get a job? 2. Is the new RHCSA the very 1st step in getting other Red Hat certifications? I mean this the certification one must get first and then only can he get the more advaced ones, right? 3. Which training institute you suggest for learning Red Hat courses in Mumbai/Pune? Please do reply, thanks

What is red hat?Thanks.

Someone told me that one has to register online on this site Prometric Services: Testing and Assessment - to take the exam, but there is no mention of Red Hat exam here on this page under the the drop-down menus titled - Academic, Professional, Government & Corporate, Information Technology (IT), State, County and Local Government, and All. There are lots of other famous companies Microsoft etc. Can anyone please let me know as to which site I should visit to get myself registered for the RHCE/RHCSA exam? Thanks

I'm not from the linux area (sort, of) but I wouldn't recommend anyone getting the Red Hat Certification unless they're keen on getting into jobs with linux as their main aim. Such as, server administrators and L3 support, etc.

Plan your career and get a certificate which your profession requires, not by popularity.
For example, if you're into Windows and stuff, try this :
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/in/certification/cert-overview.aspx

(of course, you can always proceed if your mind and heart are into it, no one is stopping you)