is BSNL blocking torrents speed ?

@volcano619I do not think that is what is meant by contention ratio. What you are doing is converting bits into bytes.256kbps to 32kBps.

@volcano619

I do not think that is what is meant by contention ratio. What you are doing is converting bits into bytes.256kbps to 32kBps.

Actually Each channel is allotted particular traffic....or you can say users who can access it and it depends on frequency when you are on BB's....

When you are on a connection w.r.t. fiber.....then connection is distributed in terms of wavelength.....there is another access technique for GSM,where Time is a main concern.....

This distribution is multiples of 2,4,6,8,16,32 in terms of BB connections...irrespective of your speeds... 🙂

When fiber is concerned....there is no multiples.....as far as i know...the standard used now is 1:1...i.e. like 10% of your total bandwidth(WHICH IS NOTHING BUT YOUR DOWNLOAD SPEED)....your so called SPEED mentioned by your ISP

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG... 🙂

But when you say 256kbps, that certainly doesn't become32 kbps for the end user. Going by your logic, anyone on a256k connection would get only 4kilobytes per second, whereas in actual fact it is32 kilobytes per second.

But when you say 256kbps, that certainly doesn't become32 kbps for the end user. Going by your logic, anyone on a256k connection would get only 4kilobytes per second, whereas in actual fact it is32 kilobytes per second.
I'm not being rude or something......but that's how BSNL works...as of now....
A BSNL connection having a 256k Bandwidth will fetch you max. 32kbps (irrespective of the Surges / Spikes).....

You've got confused between kbps and kBps.
i know the thing.....
nibble
bits
Bytes
megaB
GigaB and so on.. 🙂
But that's not the point......i am talking about the allocation of Bandwidth each user has..... :/

I will not get into the debate here. It's bsnl, so it's better to shut my mouth. Nothing is calculated, everything is Ram bharose 😉

bsnl do not have time or will to implement such things. They will try to do as less work as possible.

qft