is BSNL blocking torrents speed ?

lightgreen49

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 14, 2008
New Delhi
i have been downloading a massive file of around 28 GB and since few days i am experiencing very low speed of around 12 KBps on my 750UL+ plan . i check on internet and found bsnl in the list of bad isp in vuze list Bad ISPs - VuzeWiki where there is 2 level encryption recommmended .
i have set the encryption to forced in my utorrent and the speed jumped to 60KBPS. share your exp on this problem?

Saurav

Looking for BSNL Broadband substitute
Regulars
Aug 19, 2008
Kolkata
no such thing happens to my speed. my speed is usually around 56-60 kbps.i have some line problem and so the speed is a little less constant.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
Nope, no issues here. I'm getting proper speeds on both my connections.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Regulars
Apr 15, 2009
No way I am gonna believe this. Using BSNL for around 2+ years now. Tried speeds up to 2 Mbps. Always got the promised speed on torrents. Now on UL 750 and getting 60 + KBps always. It may be some issue with the tracker, try from another site and check. I use a few private trackers, but mostly download from open trackers. BSNL do not have time or will to implement such things. They will try to do as less work as possible.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
BSNL do not have time or will to implement such things. They will try to do as less work as possible.

One of the few reasons that I've got BSNL :p

Saurav

Looking for BSNL Broadband substitute
Regulars
Aug 19, 2008
Kolkata
BSNL do not have time or will to implement such things. They will try to do as less work as possible.

:lol:

awesome comment!

----------

OT:

what is the usual speed range other people get on 750 UL?

icycool25

Greatest P2P Downloader
Regulars
Dec 8, 2008
Kolkata
I don't buy this thread. I have been using BSNL BB since 2008. Never faced any issues with speed. Always got the promised speed on torrents and direct downloads whether I was in the 2 Mbps or in the current 256 Kbps plan. BSNL does not shape P2P traffic. Thats perhaps the best reason to choose BSNL.

Nitish Saxena

Sep 18, 2011
Hello,I have the BSNL 8 GB + unlimited (Rs 900/- per month plan).My work involves multiple tab browsing and quite a good amount of downloading.I get speeds of around 18-21 KBps after exceeding the 8 GB limit. Is that ok? Or am I getting less? I have an ITI (4-ethernet) DNA-A211