Customer Experiences of FundsIndia

devx101

Senior
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
I am posting it here as it comes more under shopping category than others....

Does anyone have a account in this FundsIndia mutual fund selling site?
I am thinking of migrating to this mode as too much of paperwork and headache is required for multiple investments nowadays.
As this involves serious money its better to have some knowledge...

Anyone has any experience with it or similar competitor's....

https://www.fundsindia.com/

ashish

Addicts
Regulars
Jul 21, 2011
Mumbai
i haven't used the website per se,but heard positive reviews abt it. one more option is you can directly invest from the mutual fund co's website

devx101

Senior
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
i haven't used the website per se,but heard positive reviews abt it. one more option is you can directly invest from the mutual fund co's website

yeah but again for the first folio physical docs are needed for every fund house and this adds to woes. SIP's again need extra paperwork...

amitnsonu

Regular
Regulars
Apr 23, 2010
I will prefer physical work in such type of investment.any shortcut may lead you in serious trouble.do spare sometime and go directly to the fund house.

ashish

Addicts
Regulars
Jul 21, 2011
Mumbai
yeah but again for the first folio physical docs are needed for every fund house and this adds to woes. SIP's again need extra paperwork...------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------if you have registered for the kyc norms with the cdsl,it will save a lot of paperwork and hassle,as you will be kyc complaint across the fundhouses.otherwise fundsindia is pretty safe and hasslefree with one-time submission of documents. ultimately your investments will be as secure as the investments in a demat a/c,coz fundsindia is acting like an agent(and free too) and all your money will go into the respective fund houses

devx101

Senior
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
I will prefer physical work in such type of investment.
any shortcut may lead you in serious trouble.
do spare sometime and go directly to the fund house.

that the obvious thing which comes to everyone's mind. But If a facility comes with full proof system why not use it.
Moreover in the next subsequent investments by paper i and most would use the edocs option in the schemes. It is the same odd crap statement sent by snail mail.

devx101

Senior
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
if you have registered for the kyc norms with the cdsl,it will save a lot of paperwork and hassle,as you will be kyc complaint across the fundhouses.

otherwise fundsindia is pretty safe and hasslefree with one-time submission of documents. ultimately your investments will be as secure as the investments in a demat a/c,coz fundsindia is acting like an agent(and free too) and all your money will go into the respective fund houses

looks like i can give it a try but would have to activate net banking first in my accn...:tongue_smilie:

anyone else with any experience???:alien:

q12345rt

Regulars
Aug 17, 2011
I have a account with them for past 10 months and have 2 sips running. Also, I have online trading account (they partner with Emkay). They were prompt in replying to queries and I am happy. Advantage with them is you can have sip on any day. Purchase is done after T +2 days. You can pause the SIP also.

almon

Regular
Regulars
Mar 1, 2009
I too have account with them. These guys are providing good service. Wihout any doubt I recommend it to you. Just go with them.

devx101

Senior
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
^^ ok i have one question....In fundsindia they act like brokers and act as a link..... but i want to know that if i transact through the web/funds india site will i be able to operate as a normal folio subscriber through mutual fund house offices too? will i be eligible for internet pin based services from the fund houses? or can i directly demand/print accn. statments from individual mutual fund websites?