VMC AN1020-21 as wifi router with "YOU"

• Thread starter Thread starter rvbhate
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 8,872

rvbhate

ISP
you telecom
I just switched from bsnl broadband to you telecom. I have the modem you telecom provided,I wanted some help to configure the bsnl vmc an1020-21 to use as a wireless router. Can someone please clearly state how to setup the bsnl AN1020-21 ,so that I could create a wireless wifi network using my "YOU" telecom modem.Thank you

Give details of the modem supplied by "YOU".Is it preset to use "Dialer" mode ?AN1020.Select "Mer" in WAN page. (or "bridged")Connect Rj45 from "You" to LAN1. Another Rj45 to desktop.( if settings worked earlier no change )Check Laptop for wifi. access.A stand alone wifi router with Dynamic IP selected preferred.( with a WAN/Internet input)Feedback. Para two:If your OS is windows 7 download applicationConnectify and install in system connected to "YOU" will work as AP.REF: "Sticky" post for AN1020-21 by @SIndia

I have also got the same problem, i am using VMC an2010 router, bought from BSNL, I am now using You telecom.When i connect an RJ45 from modem to LAN1 and another cord from LAN2 to laptop, i am able to connect,but not to dial when connected to wifi. Please suggest what setting needs to be done on router page to connect to Internet. If i use a PPoE dialer what should be VPI/VCI ( as far as i think there would not be VCI/VPI definedAny help would be really helpful

HI ,
Iam using beam telecom as ISP now in hyderabad.( which gives RJ45 cable along with single username and password)
I have BSNL ADSL2 modem. If i connect the Laptop(windows 7) and my home PC( windows XP) to this modem, only once connection is live at the same time. I am not able to browse from other connection.

Please suggest me what to do if want to connect both PC and LAPTOP at the same time.
I am waiting fro ur reply.. thanks in adavnce.

Regards,
Ravi

I have also got the same problem, i am using VMC an2010 router, bought from BSNL,
I am now using You telecom.

When i connect an RJ45 from modem to LAN1 and another cord from LAN2 to laptop, i am able to connect,
but not to dial when connected to wifi.

Please suggest what setting needs to be done on router page to connect to Internet.
If i use a PPoE dialer what should be VPI/VCI ( as far as i think there would not be VCI/VPI defined

Any help would be really helpful