Rosberg denied visa for Indian GP!

abchopra2010

Mess.iah
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 5, 2006
New Delhi
Seriously. What are they thinking? Its a sport the whole world watches. Atleast they can give visa to the participants quickly! :confused:

Link

DevS

Sep 15, 2011
Lack of planning and communication between the diff stakeholders, repeat of commonwealth follies

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
Now arm-twisting of government started.First tax exemption obtained. Now they want faster processing of visa which means govt. will now sacrifice certain formalities. (e.g. verifying records of person entering India)

DevS

Sep 15, 2011
I don't think the Govt will sacrifice any procedures. It's not easy to get a visa to travel to India. You may laugh it off, but that is true, since last 3-4 years. The consulate officials grill you well before deciding to approve the visa. They will still do all verification, but for the drivers and the team members, they may fast track the process.

abchopra2010

Mess.iah
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 5, 2006
New Delhi
Obviously i dont want a unverified person entering my country. Its just that this should have been done a long time ago. And atleast they can put them on priority.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
Is it first time in recent years that international event is happening in India? No, right?Then why didnt they start the process earlier? First they clear the track so late and now they want government to given them priority.

abchopra2010

Mess.iah
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 5, 2006
New Delhi
The track was cleared one month later than scheduled. Thats not so late. Plus they didnt ask for any till now. Nobody knows when they actually applied.