Avoid You Telecom Broadband--Hopeless pre-sales services

• Thread starter Thread starter sashi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,409

sashi

ISP
tata photon plus
Located in Ahmedabad, I saw an ad of You Telecom and was inspired to phone them to inquire. Their call center representative has no idea about availability of connection in my area. Took up my time and was most unhelpful. Then I phoned their Ahmedabad office and the receptionist lady--imagine handing over sales calls responsibilities to receptionists!-- promised to have the right person call back with the info. After 15 minutes no sales person came on the line. Instead the receptionist bluntly informed me that connection is not available in my area, she knows nothing and she is simply passing on a message. When I asked about future availability she said she knows nothing and is simply passing on messages. If this is what You Telecom is like before you even buy, one shudders to think what the services will be like once anyone subscribes. Avoid You Telecom. I have Tata Photon Plus. it is excellent and I plan to continue with it.

Actually these broadband companies have taken people for granted, its high time some tough rules and regulations are put on them ...

^^ The problem is the BB population in the country which is still low. I think in the coming year things will start to change radically as the no. of users start to grow in-line with mobile phone type growth.:Boy Surrender:

Today at 8pm, I came to know about you telecom from my next door neighbor. I received good feedback from him. I checked the website. At 8:10pm, I filled an online form for the inquiry about a new connection.At 8:30pm, I got a call from sales person to fix an appointment. I checked the reviews on the forums, which were negative.At 9:00pm, Sales guy reaches my home. I discussed about the plans, company etc.Tomorrow, another guy will come for the wiring, cable modem and will provide login details.I think I will be able to disconnect after 1 month, if I don't like it and get the refund of modem security deposit.Until now, the experience is too good to be true. Lets see how it goes.

Did you take in writing from him that after a month you will get the refund of modem security deposit? If not, then most of the times these deposits are non-refundable.

From what I've heard from friends you Telecom has been excellent for them in gurgaon.

In fact, at anytime I can request for disconnection. They will send a cheque (Rs. 700 for modem security) for refund 15 days after return of the modem. Sales guy has given me a copy of the application form. It clearly mentions that modem security 700 is refundable.