Samsung's Windows 8 Tablet PC

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,282
Microsoft Windows 8 for Tablets - Detailed Demonstration - YouTube

windows 8 kicks ass . this is the way tablets should have been from the start but lots of people were cheated and are cheated. i might not upgrade my desktop to windows 8 but m surely getting a tablet that can actually replace my laptop .

hehe. good luck. windows 8 based tablets on intel processors would be expensive and have bad battery life. windows 8 based tablets on arm processors are unlikely to support current windows apps. there are too many ifs and buts related to these tablets. let's hope they come out with something good. i would probably be getting the ultimate edition for my desktop. like i did with vista and 7.

i won't mind 5-6 hours battery life for a tablet that runs a full-fledged os . most tablets have 10 hours battery life so i guess 5 hours isn't asking much .also i read somewhere that there will only be one edition of it other than basic .

hehe ok. wishful thinking i guess (considering most windows laptops fail to provide 3-4 hours of backup these days). we would find out in the coming days how this samsung prototype performs in terms of performance and battery life. 🙂

this will be priced @ about $700-800 atleast. the thing with tablets is that you have to carry a bag for it anyways so why not pack a charger along . even if you live far from your office you can reach your office withing 1-2 hours and then you can plug it in after some more hours of use . only time battery life of 4 hours will pose a prob is when you're traveling to some other city by bus . but i guess very few people who buy expensive tablets travel by bus to nearest city . unless a tablet is 7 inches , the need for long battery of 6-7 hours and more is really a luxury rather than a necessity . most people can carry 7-inched tabs without the need of a bag .