Is national roaming free on airtel 3G?

gopichandpai

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Airtel website says "Free data usage available in 3G data packs is not applicable while national and international roaming. Browsing charges of 10p/10KB will apply while roaming on airtel networks in India."But customer care says there is no extra charge while on roaming.Who is right?Cheers,Gopichand Pai

Dont trust CC. When roaming, try urself by downloading small amount of data and then verify ur balance after a while.

Logically it should be free. Otherwise, it makes no sense to have a 3G data plan. This is because no telco has pan-India license for 3G. Airtel has 3G license in Mumbai, but not Maharashtra/Goa, where they have tied up with !dea.I'm Maharashtra circle user, I use Airtel 3G when I roam to Mumbai!

Dont trust CC. When roaming, try urself by downloading small amount of data and then verify ur balance after a while.
The problem is I am on a postpaid. Can't know till the bill is generated

121@in.airtel.com says

"We wish to confirm you that there are no special charges for browsing in national roaming. The charges and free data would be applied as per the plan opted."

121@in.airtel.com says

"We wish to confirm you that there are no special charges for browsing in national roaming. The charges and free data would be applied as per the plan opted."

Think 100 times before you take up 3G connection from Airtel. I took it and am suffering because of it. I don't get incoming calls most of the time (I'm a Maharashtra circle user, using the phone mostly in Mumbai). I complained on 8th of this month, checked the status today, no progress, CC people tell that the network team is working on the issue! No resolution even after 13 days!

I'm seriously thinking of going back to 2G.