Now Airtel Modem-routers no longer repaired / replaced by Airtel.

• Thread starter Thread starter Styler
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 14,387

Styler

ISP
Airtel
I have been an airtel customer for more than 7 yrs now. Till recently whenever there was a problem with the ADSL device, airtel people would come and replace it. Yesterday my Beetel 220BX ADSL Modem/Router went bad. I called support, and they tell me that there has been a policy change. They tell me "Your modem is not under warranty, we do not support it". I told them I am ready to pay, but they say it is not possible for them to get the modem replaced / repaired. They told me "You will have to take the modem to a Beetel Service Center yourself and get it repaired". They gave me the address of a third party repair center which is 12 kms away from my place.That much for Customer Support.

one more reason to leave airtel seems to have just come up 😀

It's a scam.....Airtel also owns Beetel

Well *Airtel* doesn't but Bharti does, and Bharti also owns Airtel so...

Bharti Airtel
Bharti Beetle

Well *Airtel* doesn't but Bharti does, and Bharti also owns Airtel so...

Bharti Airtel
Bharti Beetle

I meant to say it is part of the same group.

airtel has outsourced modems and routers to beetel. now when you get a new connection, airtel dude would not bring the modem/router. you do not pay for it through the bill. instead, a beetel guy would come with the hardware you requested and you would have to pay him for the hardware. probably cash. and since airtel is totally out of the picture wrt hardware, they are no longer catering to requests related to hardware failure. you would have to deal with beetel.

So its better to buy your own hardware you will get better quality modems from companies like D-Link , Belkin etc and better warranty too , belkin has lifetime warranty.

i think buying a modem from airtel is mandatory.

Can that be confirmed? Anyone? Do you HAVE to buy from Beetle?

well i had an existing modem and when i asked about a new connection i was told that i would have to pay 700 bucks even if i did not want to take the modem from them. something on that line.

I think forcing to buy a modem from A SPECIFIC party wud be illegal.Either you provide own modem or let user choose it. You cant say "we will not provide, but u have to buy from this company only!"

well think of it as an installation charge. you can take the modem or not. it is your choice. but you have to pay 700-750 for the connection. something on that line. would be nice if someone else can confirm.

actually you don't have to pay anything other than 500 for installation if you have your own modem (not the one which reliance provides). at least thats what the guy who came to install told me.