Now Airtel Modem-routers no longer repaired / replaced by Airtel.

Styler

[OP]
Regulars
Jun 30, 2009
I have been an airtel customer for more than 7 yrs now. Till recently whenever there was a problem with the ADSL device, airtel people would come and replace it. Yesterday my Beetel 220BX ADSL Modem/Router went bad. I called support, and they tell me that there has been a policy change. They tell me "Your modem is not under warranty, we do not support it". I told them I am ready to pay, but they say it is not possible for them to get the modem replaced / repaired. They told me "You will have to take the modem to a Beetel Service Center yourself and get it repaired". They gave me the address of a third party repair center which is 12 kms away from my place.That much for Customer Support.

vishal1082

The Doctor
Regulars
Feb 13, 2011
Delhi, India
It's a scam.....Airtel also owns Beetel

Well *Airtel* doesn't but Bharti does, and Bharti also owns Airtel so...

Bharti Airtel
Bharti Beetle

genie

woot !
Regulars
Jan 10, 2008
Bangalore
Well *Airtel* doesn't but Bharti does, and Bharti also owns Airtel so...

Bharti Airtel
Bharti Beetle

I meant to say it is part of the same group.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
airtel has outsourced modems and routers to beetel. now when you get a new connection, airtel dude would not bring the modem/router. you do not pay for it through the bill. instead, a beetel guy would come with the hardware you requested and you would have to pay him for the hardware. probably cash. and since airtel is totally out of the picture wrt hardware, they are no longer catering to requests related to hardware failure. you would have to deal with beetel.

xyx2000

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 21, 2005
So its better to buy your own hardware you will get better quality modems from companies like dlink , belkin etc and better warranty too , belkin has lifetime warranty.