Denial of sleep

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,596
D

Deleted member 10390

Read that under Geneva Convention IV denial of sleep is a punishable offence no matter if committed by state or an individual or group. Is there any corresponding law in India in this regard ? If yes, would love to have some details.

hmm..there is a working hr law..but no law on sleeping..yet as most Govt. officers tend to ...... lol 😀

🙂Denial of sleep comes under definition of torture. It is a serious crime against human rights. Do we have any lawyers here ?

once the person is off his work fr which there is actually a law ( which is not implemented that nicely in India ) . He is free to do what ever he likes ..so if he does nt sleep on his own he wont be putting himself in the Jail on his own 😀

I am not sure if OP is asking question wrt to WORK. He is asking in general. Because otherwise we have call centres running at night, dont we?

but call center ppl would be sleeping in Morning those who work in Night 😛

I am not sure if OP is asking question wrt to WORK. He is asking in general. Because otherwise we have call centres running at night, dont we?
There individuals choose not to sleep. How can that be denial of sleep?

meetdilip looks like he is nicely sleeping now and we are discussing his thread JK 😀

My question is definitely not work related. I was just looking for a law in India in this regard. India has signed Geneva convention IV but has not ratified it. According to Geneva convention and many other bodies by UN on human rights have denounced any act of torture by state, individual or a group of individuals as a punishable crime. And by its definition, denial of sleep to get any information or confession for crime committed by the individual or a third party comes under torture.I see a lot of general chit chat on this thread, please contribute on topic too 🙂

Not want to sound melodramatic... but in movies, they show the police (good or bad) ... torture the inmate... they even try to stress the torture by splashing water on a guy who has become semi-conscious .. so does that count in your query

According to D/L, Eng should have scored 270 and they are. So the match will be tied.

@Piyush - you seem to be in denial of sleep & hence posted this here, in a half-asleep state 😛

----------

According to D/L, Eng should have scored 270 and they are. So the match will be tied.

Not want to sound melodramatic... but in movies, they show the police (good or bad) ... torture the inmate... they even try to stress the torture by splashing water on a guy who has become semi-conscious .. so does that count in your query

It is certainly torture. But at this moment, I am looking for some info which specifies about denial of sleep.

1 sheep ...2 sheep..3 sheep...4 sheep...5 sheep.................1001 sheep.....ZZZZ