How to check 3G Prepaid data usage balance?

ckr97

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 2, 2007
Bangalore
How to check 3G Prepaid data usage balance?

Moderators: Can you please make this a Sticky thread, so that it will be a one place reference for all.

Coming back to my problem, I am tired with BSNL way of providing an option to check Data Usage balance. I believe the method differs city to city and also there is a different way to check for Prepaid and Postpaid accounts.

Earlier whenever I used to end my Data Connection on phone, it immediately used to give me the current balance (MB usage) left. But since last 1 week, I don't get this information.

I called Customer Care (1503) multiple times today and got below commands to get information:

Dial: *123#
Findings: It only gives the Mobile Phone balance amount. It doesn't gives me Data Usage details.

Send SMS: USG to 53333
Findings: Got a response SMS stating this this command is only for Post Paid accounts.

Send SMS: 3GDATA to 53733 (Clarified that this is for Pre Paid account)
Findings: Got a response SMS stating "Pl contact customer care center 1503 - BSNL MOBILE"

Now, how the damn on this earth, I can get the 3G Prepaid Data Usage Balance?

sajipv

Aug 14, 2005
Try *124*4#This works in Kerala Circle, I have been using this USSD code and getting the result.

sundy

Jun 21, 2005
yes, I have the same issue :excruciating:I am using a BSNL prepaid 3g from bangalore. I have tried almost all the options that were given in this site. but none of them work.someone please help us :russian_roulette:

sundy

Jun 21, 2005
In the absense any software which can accurately track the usage. I have Dumeter. Just wondering if there could be any other software which would be more accurate:confused::confused::confused: